This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ted Striker
    So why does your location say, "NeAr WeHo," that isn't NEAR it.
    Because it is twenty minutes away.

Imran, you aren't taking into account the GDP per capita. The US has it better then most European countries.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Cool

I am Mayor Jim Hahn's next door neighbor then.
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo
        Imran, you aren't taking into account the GDP per capita. The US has it better then most European countries.

I bet it's worse at median GDP per capita.
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Uh huh. Commies can't talk about economics.
          My side

Fezzie doesn't know what communism is.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Commies are all leftists.
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Nice try liar.
              Please provide any example of me lying

Originally posted by Giancarlo
              I'm talking about the actual GDP growth rate, not statistical skewing.
              Actual GDP, do you mean total gdp? (i.e. around $12bn for the US?)
              If so then you have gotten confused (either that or ignored the parts of my posts where I explicitly said I was talking about GDP per head)
              Of course if you had bothered to actually look at the data I provided then it's unlikely you would have made that mistake.
              Oh the perils of fanaticism eh Giancarlo - I told you fanatics usually come a cropper!

Furthermore, I may be stressed out because I have a long plane trip this week.
              Children often expect allowances to be made for their bad behaviour because they have had bad experiences recently.
              Adults learn to either shut up at those times or to make extra sure they know what they are talking about.

**** you.
              You're not my type Fez.

There is significant disagreement amongst Europe, the old Europe and new Europe.
              It's not that significant, Britian ('new europe') is cooperating closely with France ('old') on the development of a combined rapid reaction military force.
              The differences in europe are much more nuanced than the crude 'old' and 'new' labels dreamt up by someone who was neither european nor objective in these matters.

For some reason you don't take into geographic, language and cultural barriers into account. Certainly there were some cultural barriers between the Conferadacy and the Union, however that is nothing like what it is like between European nations. The languages are totally different. It evolving into a unitary state is highly unlikely.
              I agree the EU is unlikely to evolve into a unitary state like the US is today, it is far more likely to remain as the US was in the first half of the 19th century, and as the founding fathers envisaged - a united states rather than the united states that it has become.

No you didn't
              Oh yes I did! (well it's the season for pantomime after all )

Originally posted by el freako
              It isn't, the only country in the EU15 with unemployment in double digits is Spain as you can see here
              And I note that you still haven't even bothered to look at the links in the spreadsheet

So as you are lazy here they are:
              Gronigen Growth and Development Centre for the data on Population, GDP at PPPs in 1990, Employment, Average Hours
              Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development for the data on GDP at PPPs in 2002.
              Last edited by el freako; December 20, 2004, 03:05.
              19th Century Liberal, 21st Century European

Comment

• Originally posted by St Leo
                I bet it's worse at median GDP per capita.
                You can't calcuate median GDP per capita, the data is not ameanable to doing so as the value-added of individuals in not measured it is the value-added in corporations and government which is measured.

You can measure median incomes but that's not quite the same thing.

Comment

• Liar, liar, liar.

Comment

Liar, liar, liar.
                    Go on Fez, I'm waiting for you to say 'pants on fire' and say 'my dad's gonna get you'

Comment

• You have to stop lying to this forum... I'm serious dude.. and making up facts isn't a good thing either.

And Donald Rumsfeld is a good man for making the old and new europe terms. He was right.

Comment

• Oh hell i'm nearly pissing myself with laughter here!

I've provided links, i've provided data, you've provided nothing but abuse and slander.

You can't accuse me of lying because you haven't even checked my facts.

I can't accuse you of lying because you haven't provided any.

Comment

And Donald Rumsfeld is a good man for making the old and new europe terms. He was right.
                          He's also been yelled at this week by:

1) Soldiers
                          2) GOP Senators
                          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• #and the one that mother gives,
                            don't do anything at all#

Am I the only one who that's surreal feeling with Fez threads?
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Striker

He's also been yelled at this week by:

1) Soldiers
                              2) GOP Senators
                              He hasn't been yelled at by anybody. And from what I know he took those criticisms from soldiers into account, and followed through. Nice try really. You betrayed America already by going against Bush.

Comment

• Originally posted by el freako

Oh hell i'm nearly pissing myself with laughter here!

I've provided links, i've provided data, you've provided nothing but abuse and slander.

You can't accuse me of lying because you haven't even checked my facts.

I can't accuse you of lying because you haven't provided any.
                                What kind of data we must ask? Ones that skew reality. Checkl your brain if it is attached right.

Comment

Working...
                                X