X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    Don't compare Bush to Hitler.

Sorry... I'll apologize to Hitler's estate

PS, you don't have to be left wing to realize Bush is the worst President that the United States has EVER had.
    I heard some of the presidents in the 19th century were bad. Grant being one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo
      In fact I'm going to make one more charge, I believe peace activist groups were bribed by Saddam Hussein.
      What!?! Are you telling me I missed out on a bribe!!!!
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by el freako

Heh, more insults - one wonders when you are going to grow up.
        Fezcarlo grow up? That'll happen slightly after Bush becomes Grand Ayatollah.
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Wait, so sometime in January?

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
            What!?! Are you telling me I missed out on a bribe!!!!
            Damn, same here

We Commies really suck when it comes to money, it seems
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

IIRC, Gadafi paid one of the Brit Trot cults (Gerry Healy's group) money on info about Lybian commie exiles. Many of them turned up dead.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

When it comes to violating basic civil liberties, Bush has nothing on Woodrow Wilson.

Comment

IIRC, Gadafi paid one of the Brit Trot cults (Gerry Healy's group) money on info about Lybian commie exiles. Many of them turned up dead.

Trot cults have a surprising propensity at exercizing greed in its most outrageous forms.

I guess that's because they want to make capitalism look as bad as possible.
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by el freako

So, the unemployment rate is more important than average income growth, productivity growth, employment growth and the health of international and public finances then?
                    That seems a rather narrow definition of economic prosperity to me. (it would also mean that Mexico was more prosperous than America by your definition)
                    The US has been better then the EU. I never claimed anything about the unemployment rate being more important then anything else, el dumbo. All I said it was lower in the US, whereas it is sometimes in the double digits in certain countries in the EU. Average income growth has not been good in the EU, nor has productivity growth or employment growth.

Why has the US has seen only a 1.7% rise in employment over the last 4 years compared to the EU15's 2.9%
                    And why the US's workforce grew 0.7% slower than it's population whilst the EU15's grew 1.6% faster.
                    I'd like to see some links backing this up. Additionally, many countries in the EU, the largest ones, are sliding into recession. Additionally, I think you are skewing statistics.

The reason, of course, is that the EU's labour market has been improving much more rapidly than the US's.
                    No, it hasn't. In fact unemployment has gone up in nations like France and Germany.

You need to grow up and use your damn brain.
                    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                      I heard some of the presidents in the 19th century were bad. Grant being one of them.
                      Grant was just incompetant. That's merely one of Bush's failings.

--

Btw, I do love Giancarlo telling el freako, who has a degree in economics, that he needs to grow up!
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

A couple of newer studies are showing Grant was actually a good President, but that most of the historical writings that show him as a bad President all derive from a single source written about the man.

And no I don't have the source, I can't remember where I read or saw this.
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Nuclear

Ted Striker

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Grant was just incompetant. That's merely one of Bush's failings.

--

Btw, I do love Giancarlo telling el freako, who has a degree in economics, that he needs to grow up!
                            as bad as Bush is, I can't say he's incompetant- except in one area (war). Well maybe 2 areas- you have to include economics as well .

His other policies aren't incomeptant. Although some of them are religiuosly motivated which I disagree with.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                              I, for one, am glad Time named him Person of the Year. Genreally speaking, in the year following getting named PotY, something bad happens to him or her.

President Cheney! Say IT!
                              Sweet lord no.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Nuclear

Nuclear

Ted Striker

Ted Striker
                                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X