No announcement yet.

The Movie Quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, I believe the answer is Henry Fonda for On Golden Pond.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• That was a chick movie!!

Leave it to Tubers to come up with it

He could of at least said Easy Rider
      Monkey!!!

Comment

• He DIDN'T come up with it...
        "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
        ^ The Poly equivalent of:
        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

• Give us a hint
          Monkey!!!

Comment

• Here's a hint: The Oscar was given in the decade before Henry Fonda got an oscar for On Golden Pond.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• long time ago...

Jimmy Stewart?
              Monkey!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous
                Alrighty then...

The actor who worked on this movie is the only one to have recieved an Academy Award for Acting posthumously.
                Peter Finch, Network, 1976. Rocky won that year for B. Picture, and Fay Dunaway won for B. Actress for Network as well.

Comment

• Screenwriter Sidney Howard was also killed 7 months before he won for best screenplay for Gone With the Wind.

Comment

• Very true...when his tractor rolled over on top of him.

Your turn
                    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

• Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous

I assume that's what you mean. You never go for the simple questions.
                      Spot on. Had just finished reading a book on the history of the horror film.
                      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Lets see if we can start this again:

For which movie did this actor (along with others) win Best Ensemble from the Screen Actor's Guild (and what was his character in that movie?)

Comment

• The actor looks familar but I can't quite place him...
                          If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

• Moulin Rouge, the character was Audrey, IIRC.
                            Smile
                            For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                            But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

• Right...but that wasn't the movie that won (it wasn't the same year as the movie I'm talking about.) Moulin Rouge! was nominated, but it didn't win.

I'll give you a hint: it was more of an epic movie...

Comment

Working...
                              X