Issues concerning gays -- part XXXVVV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    You Roman Numerals are incorrect . 'V' stands for 5, so you can't have 3 in a row (Hell, 2 in a row wouldn't work either... that would be 'X')

so ****ing what?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Never fail to point out an instance of your wrongness
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

also the fact that it supports good stable relationships which make people happier

Jon Miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          Never fail to point out an instance of your wrongness

I'm touched

Comment

Now you brandish the tongue
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Yeah -- one day I was fine, and then the next day, you corrupted me with this addiction to using the tongue smilie.

Comment

HAW HAW!

Comment

I don't like smilies

in fact, I kill them in my sleep

Jon Miller
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

anyway, back to the topic . . . . .

Comment

you haven't really replied to me once..

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                        it does weaken it

but not much, and a lot less than what straights have done to marriage (Seen fox recently? or the divorce rate?)

JOn Miller
                        (I know that you don't think that, but I am addressing that point)
                        (obligatory reply)

How exactly does marriage protection regardless of sexual orientation of the couples, weaken marriage?

Comment

hmm, I have gotten in to long discussions over this in the past

basically there is a deffinition for things

by expanding the deffinition you weaken it (it is less specific)

also, not all change deffinitions, and so you get some ambiguity their also

since marriage is an idea (or that is the most important part of it, although you might argue that the econimic befits are) it's strength is based upon it's definition

generally it takes a huge conversation, and a lot of back and forth for people to sorta see what I am saying

which I don't have time for right now, so if oyu want to discuss that point we need to do so on teh weekend

(I haev a final I am not prepared for tomorrow, and a takehome due tomorrow, and I ened an A on the final I am not prepared for tomorrow to do OK in the class (get a B))

Jon Miller
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

hmm, I have gotten in to long discussions over this in the past

basically there is a deffinition for things

by expanding the deffinition you weaken it (it is less specific)

also, not all change deffinitions, and so you get some ambiguity their also

since marriage is an idea (or that is the most important part of it, although you might argue that the econimic befits are) it's strength is based upon it's definition

generally it takes a huge conversation, and a lot of back and forth for people to sorta see what I am saying

which I don't have time for right now, so if oyu want to discuss that point we need to do so on teh weekend

(I haev a final I am not prepared for tomorrow, and a takehome due tomorrow, and I ened an A on the final I am not prepared for tomorrow to do OK in the class (get a B))

Jon Miller
                            ok . . . . . .

I don't see how lifting prohibition against interracial marriage weakened the institution of marriage.

I also do not see how even giving convicted felons the freedom to marry weakened the institution of marriage.

Comment

I didn't say giving felons the freedom to marry weakened it

(although it might)

lifting the prohibition against interracial marriage perhaps did (in the US)

note, that based upon my opinoin of weaken, doesn't mean that it will stay weaken, rather after time (where thigns don't change much) it will strengthen (As people all generally come ot hold one view)

Jon Miller
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

lifting the prohibition against interracial marriage perhaps did (in the US)

HUH??

Comment

Working...
                                X