No announcement yet.

CBS Poll: Creationism Trumps Evolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems reasonable enough, though this isn't a political belief since imo it's perfectly possible to be a creationist and a liberal, the fact that there is a relationship between far-right and creationism is incidental to christian fundamentalism. I think this is more a linear educational issue to a relative political one.

In the UK, though I have no numbers, I'd imagine the creationists are a sizeable minority, but significantly outnumbered by the evolutionists. In Europe it's not really a matter of serious debate, the vast and overwhelming majority of scientists are evolutionists and the population tends to go along with that. Also in the US there is no serious debate in intellectual circles about creationism because it is deemed BS, though the population of course lack the qualification to deem it so. I guess us Europeans are just more intelligent jk
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

• So are the Indians . No one in India seriously doubts evolution . We don't let our religious beliefs interfere with our perception of the real world .

Comment

• India (Whaleboy, by father's birth, half indian )
        "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
        "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

• Demographically, the article reports, belief that evolution is well-supported by the evidence is strongest "among those with the most education, liberals, those living in the West, those who seldom attend church, and ... Catholics," and weakest among "those with the least education, older Americans ..., frequent church attendees, conservatives, Protestants, those living in the middle of the country, and Republicans."

See? The Protestant reformation was reactionary

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
            See? The Protestant reformation was reactionary
            Wrong thread
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Re: CBS Poll: Creationism Trumps Evolution

Originally posted by Mr. Nice Guy
              Support for evolution is more heavily concentrated among those with more education...
              So there are more semiliterate cretins in the US than educated people. This is what you're cheering about?
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Not much worse than Shi's cheering about how people being woefully and willfully ignorant of facts to support their beliefs is somehow a great sign for religion in America. What benefit is a religious revival if it's carried by falsehood?
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• What benefit is a religious revival, period?

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                    Wrong thread

Comment

• Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Most of my family are devout Lutherans and they all think creationists are BS.

Comment

Working...
                        X