New DNC Chair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DNC Chair?

Terry McAuliffe's term ends. He presided over a series of disastrous elections, failing completely to articulate a coherent message against one of the most inept Administrations, ever. The grass roots were entirely responsible for pretty much the only thing he successfully "did" (raise lots of money).

So, who will replace him?

I thought that Howard Dean would be a longshot if Kerry won, but now that he's lost, I think Dean could very well become Chairman of the DNC. And that's exactly what the Party needs if it ever wants to stop being a minority party. Contest every election, and reorient the Democratic Party on democratic principles.
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Dean might be good.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Teh Dennis

It is the only way to get the endorsement of the little animals of the forest

Hoping that teh Dennis runs again in 2008 after a heavy dose from the orbital mind control lasers, and really, what's keeping him from running?
      "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
      "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

John Edwards is looking for a job right about now........

Comment

Joe Trippi would be the best choice.
          ACOL owner/administrator

Comment

Whoever it is should rebrand the Democrats as a regional party and focus on winning state elections. They cannot win in the US for cultural reasons.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Dean
              http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Re: New DNC Chair?

Originally posted by Ramo
                Terry McAuliffe's term ends. He presided over a series of disastrous elections, failing completely to articulate a coherent message against one of the most inept Administrations, ever. The grass roots were entirely responsible for pretty much the only thing he successfully "did" (raise lots of money).

So, who will replace him?

I thought that Howard Dean would be a longshot if Kerry won, but now that he's lost, I think Dean could very well become Chairman of the DNC. And that's exactly what the Party needs if it ever wants to stop being a minority party. Contest every election, and reorient the Democratic Party on democratic principles.
                See...That's the problem with most Democrats...and why they keep loosing elections. Find someone near the center and your party will begin to rebound. When you polarize the country by going with leftist leaders then the "silent majority" will knee jerk conservative. If the Dems would go more to the middle then the "silent majority" would stay home and watch TV during elections.

Dean is just more of the same...and the Dems will get more of the same results.
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Re: Re: New DNC Chair?

Originally posted by PLATO

See...That's the problem with most Democrats...and why they keep loosing elections. Find someone near the center and your party will begin to rebound. When you polarize the country by going with leftist leaders then the "silent majority" will knee jerk conservative. If the Dems would go more to the middle then the "silent majority" would stay home and watch TV during elections.

Yep, exactly.
                  When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Agree. The Dems win with Centrists. Southern Centrists.

Meh.

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

If the only way to win is to become Republicans, then why bother winning? Democrats need someone who can better articulate their message, i.e. Dean. Either that, or someone ambitious enough to look for and address the root causes of their failure, and perhaps seek a major re-alignment.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

It is very, very important that the DNC send a message to the American people that the New Democratic Party will be a cnetrist party of Clinton and not the left wing party of LBJ. Terry McAuliffe is an old 60's style leftist who's still trying to fight the battles of the 1960's so he needs to be put out to pasture and a young Clintonian centrist (hopefully a Dixicrat) needs to get the top spot.

The real danger is that the left takes this opportunity to put in another Nacy Polosi (the house minority leader) type left winger and then the party is truly set to lose again in 2008. Right now the Dems are losing because they are to far to the left and they need to move to the center. If Republicans stay far right then the centrists will pull the rug out from under them.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                          Whoever it is should rebrand the Democrats as a regional party and focus on winning state elections. They cannot win in the US for cultural reasons.
                          Please, they won nationally 8 years ago! They just had a centrist instead of a leftist candidate. They can do it again if the smarten up and take the center.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                            If the only way to win is to become Republicans, then why bother winning?
                            Become Republicans? I don’t think centrist democrats like Clinton were Republicans. I see the modern Republican Party as being significantly to the right of the center not in the middle. A few like Schwarzenegger and McCain are in the middle but they're disliked by the right wing extremists who control the party.

Democrats need to position themselves as the party of the average American and the average American is right in the middle politically.

Comment

Re: Re: New DNC Chair?

Originally posted by PLATO

Bingo!! Expect more of the same knee jerk 2002 response. We didn't go left enough will resound from the likes of Pelosi, Moore, and Franken. If and when they go centrist I'll be one of the first to give them a look see. Until then, forget it.
                              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
                              X