Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, what can we expect from Four More Years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
    The United States will be asked to leave by the Iraqi government, creating a haven and breeding gound for more terrorists.
    Are you sure the US would leave in this case, considering that they weren't invited by the former government either?

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
      OBL declares mission accomplished.
      His mission won't be any more accomplished than Bush's. There will still be counter-terrorist organizations out to kill him, and his message will still be internationally unacceptable.

However, he will have some material to gloat over.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

My own prediction, the country's going to hell in a handbasket. The economy will continue it's weak performance before sliding into another recession. The United States will be asked to leave by the Iraqi government, creating a haven and breeding gound for more terrorists. The rest of the world will continue to shun us. OBL declares mission accomplished.
        And oh, if they only had elected Brown!
        "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
        "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Originally posted by Stefu

And oh, if they only had elected Brown!

Do you honestly believe that the Brown campaign was about winning?
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph

Are you sure the US would leave in this case, considering that they weren't invited by the former government either?
            If they try and stay after such an event, they lose legtimacy even with their handful of allies, and Iraq explodes in a paraoxysm of anti-American violence that makes this summer look tame.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

The same stuff will continue. Iraq will continue to be a mess. The elections will be interesting, because we'll be bogged down in Falluja during them. The guerrila war will not end during the next 4 years, unless we pull out.

The deficit will only increase as Bush adds more and more spending and cuts taxes more. There will be a small boom period, but the large deficit will concern the Fed because it is a recipe for inflation. So there may be a tug of war there.

The Dems will regroup and in 2008 both sides will have fun primary runs. The Republcans will stay to the right (some Governor probably) and the Dems will try a centrist Southerner... maybe Edwards.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                and the Dems will try a centrist Southerner... maybe Edwards.
                That assumes there will be any centrists left in their party.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                  The continuing, accelerating decline of global American influence.
                  Is Europe now going to pick up the ball and take it's place as the leader of the free world?
                  Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Vader

Is Europe now going to pick up the ball and take it's place as the leader of the free world?
                    Are you kidding? They can't even lead "free beer night."

Comment

Nah, "Europe" is still too divided, really. My vote goes to Canada as the new leader of the Free World. Hopefully, they won't be exporting Democracy at the end of a gun barrel.
                      "I'm too young and too male to be the mother of a seventeen year old female me!"

Comment

Originally posted by WotanAnubis

Nah, "Europe" is still too divided, really. My vote goes to Canada as the new leader of the Free World. Hopefully, they won't be exporting Democracy at the end of a gun barrel.
                        We are too lazy.
                        Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

We are too lazy.
                          I wouldn't say that - we just prefer to set an example, not force our ideals on others.

I think we're also more interested in solving our own issues (healthcare, education) than solving the world's issues.

Comment

Nah, I go with the lazy option.

Comment

I'd say we've been running with that ball for quite a while now, you just didn't notice it.
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

That assumes there will be any centrists left in their party.

You just elected a Senator who believes that lesbianism is so rampant in Oklahoma schools, girls go to bathroom one at a time, who believes that blacks are genetic predispositioned to having a lower life expectency, who believes that abortionists should get the death penalty, and you're talking about the lack of centrism in the Democratic Party?
                                "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                                -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
                                X