Should Horse go to Baghdad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by axi
    Don't refuse Iraq because you're afraid. Refuse Iraq because IT"S WRONG!

Working there means helping them kill more civilians. Don't get your hands bloody.

dork
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I've decided I'm too young to die.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Sure you are.

Still, you should go as you would be returning with loads of money. I would go if someone offered me.

And I didn't hear news of any diplomatic personnel killed there. Just soldiers and local policemen. So you would be reasonably safe. What's your guarantee a crazy mugger won't assault you tomorrow in the streets of Canberra?

Things are bound to calm down a bit after the elections.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
          You are a siren
          No, just one who can honestly evaluate risks to reward ratios.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
            I've decided I'm too young to die.
            Have you been finding any chicken feathers in bed when you wake up?

(Just kidding it's not for everyone.)
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin

Have you been finding any chicken feathers in bed when you wake up?

(Just kidding it's not for everyone.)
              Iraq.... It's not for everyone. By golly, I think we've got a motto!
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Also I don't think one of hostage videos would flatter.
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

• The camera does add ten pounds after all.
                  Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                  -Richard Dawkins

Comment

• Originally posted by Starchild
                    The camera does add ten pounds after all.
                    *Resists urge to make decapitation joke*
                    CSPA

Comment

• 10 pounds, 380 tons, same difference.
                      Visit First Cultural Industries
                      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• I need to keep a head on my shoulders.

Comment

Working...
                        X