Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why 911 happend. Documentary on UK tv last night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neo-con is the new demon word for the left, I take it? If you don't like some right-wing policy you just call them a neo-con? Considering how much Cold War foreign policy was opposed to what the neo-cons believe, i.e., crushing democracies abroad, avoiding a direct confrontation with the principle enemy, etc., one finds it difficult to understand why good old fashioned conservativsm is being retroactively branded neo-conservatism. Neo means new.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

The interpretation should be - bad as the soviets were, they were poor and incompetent and weren't as much of a threat to our way of life as we were led to believe by certain neo-cons.

Oh and of course the link with the way the Bush admin are doing the same thing today with muslim terrorists as the new enemy.

I'm not arguing in favour of that theory, just explaining what you should be attacking.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

There were no neo-cons during the Cold War.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I didn't see the show.
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

True it seems no ruling power of any note seems keen to do the right thing

As a side issue, how easy would it be for our US posters to try to see this documentary? How easy is it to take VHS and put on the internet for example? I might contemplate doing this if its too hard - i think it worth the effort.

And this isnt a bash-usa/republican documentary - it also covers it from the arabic angle and questions the legitamacy of the suicide bomber and all that crowd. Its just that the Neo-cons come out as seriously scary people, the more so as they appear to have hijacked our democratic process
            'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Which I interpret into meaning the Soviets weren't that bad... which I still think is foolish. If anything they were worse.
              Their foreign policy was less destructive to the world in general.
              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

This documentary (seems) is spot-on. Fear is at the root of fascism and reactionary ideologies.
                In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Neo-con is the new demon word for the left, I take it?

Yep... They don't take the time to understand the world as you have.

Well they weren't power is more accurate. They were around, just writing in journals (like 'Commentary') and the such .
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Well they weren't power is more accurate. They were around, just writing in journals (like 'Commentary') and the such .
                    Fine, be a nitpick.

Comment

Isn't it Ironic Neo-Cons and Islamic Fundamentalism are each the Conservative wings of 2 different cultures and each is responsible for inflicting suffering both on their own society and that of the "Enemy" thus enshuring the creation/perpetuation of the conflict from which they draw their strength. It should be quite obvious to us that Conservatives be they dressed in suits or suicide belts are the enemy of all.
                      Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

I'm a lawyer (well... law student). It's my job .
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                          The execution of Jesus is described as fake (as I mentionned). The sponge with vinegar, that was given to him when he said, "I am thirsty" contained some barbiturate. The Bible writes, soon after he got the "vinegar" he said his famous "Eli Eli lama asabthani" (I knew that some Apolytoner has his filthy hands in it - now where are you Eli??) and "died" = fell unconscious. This is very important, because otherwise by Roman law his legs would have been broken, which would have sealed his fate, because he would have suffocated from the pressure to his chest within minutes.
                          Er, it was my impression that in order to continue breathing on the cross you have to continuously pull yourself up by the nails through your wrists, scraping your back against a splintery beam in the process. When your strength fails, you drop back down and gasp for breath until you start thrashing in panic and pull yourself back up again. Intact legs can help to some extent by helping to push your body up, prolonging your pain until the moment when your whole body is too exhausted to lift yourself up for a breath. If you fall unconscious on the cross you're a dead man anyway, because you can't breathe in that slumped position. The "faked death" story is bogus.
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

At the heart of the story are two groups: the American neoconservatives and the radical Islamists. Both were idealists who were born out of the failure of the liberal dream to build a better world.

This makes me question the whole program. Obviously he doesn't know squat about conservatives or where conservativism comes from.

Both these men believed that modern liberal freedoms were eroding the bonds that held society together.

I'll give the writer his point about Islamists not liking modern freedoms (I won't call them liberal) but he once again displays his ignorance of conservativism and its offshot neo-conservativism.

It basically seems the writer is trying to claim a false equivalency between Islamism and Consevativism which simply doesn't exist.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
                              The point being that the SU had no intent to go directly against America. America is the catalyst of the Cold War.

Really? Was Stalin that unkeen on spreading "the revolution" worldwide?
                              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
                                The point being that the SU had no intent to go directly against America. America is the catalyst of the Cold War.
                                So when Krusev tried to brow beat Kennedy into giving up east Berlin or the Soviets would invade is just a myth? It didn't happen? The Soviet backed coupes which occured in Greece and Turkey in 1946 were just the SU's way of being a good neighbor? Stalin's threat to invade Austria if it joined NATO was just a game he was playing?

Sorry kiddo but that doesn't make sense.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X