Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why 911 happend. Documentary on UK tv last night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dissident
    Who was Mary Magdalene anyways? I never understood religion. I thought Mary was Jesus' mother. How can she be his mother and wife? It's not like they live in West Virginia.
    There's more than one woman with the name Mary.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph

There's more than one woman with the name Mary.
      that explains it

Comment

Don't remember the mentionning of Da Vinci. It's a pretty old book (about 10 years I think). Maybe time to read it again.
        Da Vinci was allegedly a Grand Master of the Priory of Sion.
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Two Mary's one was his mother. The other, Mary Magdalene was a follower of his. There are a few other gospels (not included when they put the bible together) that name her as another disciple, perhaps his favourite disciple, perhaps his wife. It's not a new idea, but the recent success of the Da Vinci Code has people talking about it again - despite Dan Brown's book being fictional, some of the concepts he talks about are quite common theological topics.
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

The point being that the Soviet Union was, in fact, all sweetness and light?

I'm no fan of the neocons, don't get me wrong, but that particular line (which is constructed specifically to set up the Neocons & OBL & Co. as mirror images) sets off a warning flare in my mind.

-Arrian
            The point being that the SU had no intent to go directly against America. America is the catalyst of the Cold War.
            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

I can't see Jesus not hitting it. Unless he was gay.

Comment

what do the Brits know about american politics

remember the democrats (who aren't neo conservatives) were against the spread of communism from the Soviet Union as well. One reason they sent troops to S. Vietnam.
                Well we are learning i guess And dont let the bit about the 'communist plot to fund terror is a lie' thing put you off, as this isn't what the documentary was pointing out in the context.
                As was posted by the_ceebs, what it was about was that the Head of the CIA at the time had read this book, and it became his bible, so much so that when members of the CIA pointed out to him that much of what he was warning about(massive russian influence in terrorist networks all over the world), had actualy been invented by the CIA before he had come to be incharge of it!

It wasn't saying the rusians at the time were not involved in such things - just that the scale of the problem had been a CIA invention(black-ops). And much of the ealry Neo-con theories about how best to rule a free society(ie america), were coloured by this fabricated view of an external threat of this magnitude.

So yes russians were doing bad things as were both the uk and Usa at this time.

I'll do the research on the program and assuming i'm not dissapeared by the men in black, i'll put much more detail here. I find the whole thing a complete threat to democracy, and books like 1984 and all that stuff now looks like its just around the corner - unless of course we good people of the world try to stop it

EDIT: And i nearly forgot! I would have thought the democrats were not with the Neo-cons in any sense, but its when you find out the stuff that was in this program then it does make you question general policy of those we vote to govern us. IF even half of what this documentary is claiming is true, its quite a damning blow to the republican cause. But also i would be interested to know how far this philiosophy has spread through all american(and british!) politics over the last decade?
                Last edited by child of Thor; October 21, 2004, 11:46.
                'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

The execution of Jesus is described as fake (as I mentionned). The sponge with vinegar, that was given to him when he said, "I am thirsty" contained some barbiturate. The Bible writes, soon after he got the "vinegar" he said his famous "Eli Eli lama asabthani" (I knew that some Apolytoner has his filthy hands in it - now where are you Eli??) and "died" = fell unconscious. This is very important, because otherwise by Roman law his legs would have been broken, which would have sealed his fate, because he would have suffocated from the pressure to his chest within minutes.

Comment

The last BBC documentary, that came to me in form of a book, was a conspiration theory, that Jesus' execution was a fake made up by the Romans, that he survived and fled to France together with Joseph of Arimathia, that the term Holy Grail = Saint Graal comes from "Sang Royal" = blood of the king, and that Jesus became progenitor of the Merovingian stirps, thus stating, that the claim of the European monarchs to be descendants of God is correct.
                    Ahh I've seen that, it's part of a 2 part Horizon special from the 70's/80's the first part is a rundown on the theories of some obscure french nationalists and poets from the 1960's and runs pretty much as you said

the second part runs to how its all complete bollocks and that the people involved have a history of fraud and theft. strangely more new age and religious channels only ever show the first part

(my favourite of those is the Erich Von Daniken special had a group of us Crying with laughter at how bad the con was with old erich)

Comment

......edit.... and that Jesus became progenitor of the Merovingian stirps, thus stating, that the claim of the European monarchs to be descendants of God is correct.

This made me somewhat reluctant to believe in later BBC documentaries.
                      Well our true Monarch is actually now living in Australia and is a sheep farmer! channel4link

i dont know if he claims descent from jesus though? but is kinda heresy

sometimes the truth hurts
                      'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                        The point being that the Soviet Union was, in fact, all sweetness and light?
                        No, but they weren't out to destroy the West either. They've wanted detante since Stalin choked the revolution in its crib.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
                          Why not just title the thread "Hey Imran! I wish to troll you! Do you accept?"
                          Because the answer would be no . Continue on though... I'm sure some people here think the USSR were actually nice people. Oh, that Stalin, what a pal .
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

No-one said that the Soviets were good - maybe you should re-read all the posts. The point is claims that some people massively exaggerated their capabilities in order to scare people into accepting their neocon policies.

Totally different issue.
                            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

remember the democrats (who aren't neo conservatives)
                              Not true... Scoop Jackson was considered a big neo-con and he was a Democrat. In fact, he was head of the DNC for a while.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                                No-one said that the Soviets were good - maybe you should re-read all the posts. The point is claims that some people massively exaggerated their capabilities in order to scare people into accepting their neocon policies.

Totally different issue.
                                Which I interpret into meaning the Soviets weren't that bad... which I still think is foolish. If anything they were worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X