No announcement yet.

Pray for Vel... Plus update from Chris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the other hand, I have colleagues at work who recovered from cancer and is still going strong, years after. Let's hope for the best! We want to see "The Cure for Cancer" wonder movie every time we log into Apolyton. The reason that wonder gives you one happy citizen in every city is not because one more citizen gets well, but because one friend of a citizen in each city gets well. Vel has friends in every city on the Apolyton planet, and if he gets well, it's like the Cure for Cancer wonder is built.

Wow. That's amazingly well said, Ollie!
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
      Any chance you could update this to my regular avatar, back now? I feel it's more personal that way, I actually get recognized by that avatar...
      No problem, luckily I work with layers.
      Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

• Originally posted by CapTVK
        Isn't the Avatar we hold right now our best online representation?
        Yes, and nobody represents me better than Pierluigi Collina!

Great job on the collage

Comment

• Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
          And my current avatar, and most of my former, is too ugly to fit into that page
          It will have to make do. It's already in
          Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zopperoni

Yes, and nobody represents me better than Pierluigi Collina!

Great job on the collage
            I believe I've got your previous picture in there somewhere. But what the heck, the more the merrier!

Comment

• Great work.
              Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• Originally posted by CapTVK
                Here's take 2....I have made it a little bigger. It's actually starting to resemble a collage now. (b&w because colour is just a tad to big, 700k)
                Great job!
                Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Take 3 (with a little dropshadow to give it more depth)
                  Attached Files

Comment

• That collage looks awesome!

thanks for including mine
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• You can add my avatar too if you like...
                      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Very nice, but mine's not in there. Don't use my current CB one, I'll post my good "nerve staple" avatar here when I get home (should be about 10 hours from now). Again, great work on the collage... I like it.
                        "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

• Nice collage .
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
                            On the other hand, I have colleagues at work who recovered from cancer and is still going strong, years after. Let's hope for the best! We want to see "The Cure for Cancer" wonder movie every time we log into Apolyton. The reason that wonder gives you one happy citizen in every city is not because one more citizen gets well, but because one friend of a citizen in each city gets well. Vel has friends in every city on the Apolyton planet, and if he gets well, it's like the Cure for Cancer wonder is built.

Wow. That's amazingly well said, Ollie!
                            Well thanks! But when reading this forum backwards, it doesn't seem to be cancer after all. But whatever it is, it surely seems to be serious.
                            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

• The scary part is that I associate most of the avatars with the respective posters, quickly. Avatars such as Skanky's aren't easy to forget .
                              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Colon
                                You can add my avatar too if you like...
                                I will add it to the list. But at the moment it is getting late. So here's my plan:

[list=1][*]Time is an issue. Vel's condition seems to be serious so it is important we do this right now![*]We still need to send the collage to Vel. Anyone who hasn't posted yet, please do. I'll include your avatars tomorrow morning.[*]The collage needs to be printed.[*]Mailing it from Europe would take too long. Someone in the US has to mail it to Vel.[/list=1]

Comment

Working...
                                X