Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get well, Vel!

Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Please accept my best wishes for a speedy recovery Vel. I've appreciated your posts in the SMAC forum as well as your EU2 AARs for a long time now. I have your SMAC guide on my pc even today. I appreciate your efforts to raise the level of discourse about some of my favorite subjects both intellectually and in terms of tone, and I hope you will be back in the saddle as soon as possible.
      He's got the Midas touch.
      But he touched it too much!
      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• Unbelievable. Simply, bizarrely unbelievable.

Best wishes to you, Vel.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• You're in my thoughts Vel. Get better soon
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Good grief! I’m away for a few day, and this. Vel first gave me the courage to actually participate the SMAC, and his leadership here at Apolyton and personal touch helped bring the game alive. I’ve seen his effect on people and I only wish I had a tiny fraction of that charisma, and raw intelligence – a powerful combination. All I can say is that he inspires others to be their best, and that is a very rare gift.

A card with my heartfelt good wishes goes into the mail today.

GET BETTER CHRIS!

Hydro

Comment

• Glad I saw Locutus's post about Vel in the CtP2 forum. I do keep track of the other projects and see how they are doing. I had noticed that Candle Bre had been a bit slow for a while but I wasn't aware he had become so ill.

I hope he quickly recovers.

Originally posted by Snowflake

Yes that is true. I don't know. I just thought that it would be more special for him if he gets one card with multiple people's name on it. I guess not many people would want to do it, so for the people who would do it, it won't be lasting forever. Even if he's already well recovered when he receives it, it is still special, isn't it?

Here's an idea. Collect everyone's avatar from this thread. Print them out together on a single sheet and put in on a large "get well card".
              Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

• Hope he recovers soon
                The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

• Dear Vel,

Sorry you haven't been well. I have really enjoyed your strategy guide for SMAX and have re-read it several times. It always inspires me to play the game again, which I always find inspiring because it paints a picture of humanity's future which offers hope. So I thank you for drawing me back to that game, and for the mental excercise your writing gives me.

Get well soon.

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by CapTVK
                    Here's an idea. Collect everyone's avatar from this thread. Print them out together on a single sheet and put in on a large "get well card".
                    That's a great idea. Let's do it.
                    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming
                      Note... I've merged the Update thread with the topped thread so that all the information will be in one place. So if some of the posts don't follow each other, you now know why.

Get Well Vel...

I didn't know mods had such powerful magic. I abase myself before the mods, in great fear and trepidation.
                      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by Barinthus

That's a great idea. Let's do it.
                        If we do it, we must do it now. Who has a few free hours avaialble right now and wants to make an avatar photocollage for Vel?
                        Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

• Yea, I changed the avatar recently
                          Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                          Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                          Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

• I guess someone from Eastern US should do it, since a postcard from Europe would travel a longer time.
                            Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                            Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                            Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

• Get well soon Vel

I can't begin to express my gratitude for your thoughts on Civ 3 when it was first released. Truly golden stuff.

May you recover speedily to good health

Comment

• If we make an avatar collage, I guess I should be changing back to my regular avatar, by which I can easily be recognized?
                                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                                X