• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teddy Roosevelt
    Thomas Jefferson
    Ronald Reagan
    George Washington
    Franklin Delano Roosevelt
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

omg no reagan no bill cliinton... both suck!
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sava

Bill Clinton
        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

It was not THAT long ago we already had this before, you guys.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            Teddy Roosevelt
            Thomas Jefferson
            Ronald Reagan
            George Washington
            Imran and I are agreeing on a lot more things lately.

Teddy Roosevelt
            George Washington
            Harry S Truman
            Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Fidel Castro.

Viva el presidente!
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

It was not THAT long ago we already had this before, you guys.
                MrFun n'est pas amusant.
                meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

everyone who isn't Nixon,Ford,Carter,Bush1,Clinton,Bush2.

Comment

William Jefferson Clinton
                    LBJ
                    Lincoln
                    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Washington through Jackson were pretty damn good, but Madison should have been more prepared for 1812.

Next-

Best Ones (in no special order):

Lincoln (civil war, nuff said)

Polk (manifest destiny)

Teddy Roosevelt (war hero, strong external policy, strong conservationist)

FDR (WW2 - stood like mountain, even in his wheelchair)

Truman (tough decision on the Bomb, fought spread of Commies)

Eisenhower (pretty much laid the foundation for winning the Cold War)

Reagan (great communicator, brought back the word "the presidency", thawed ties and led to end of Soviet Union)

Clinton (a right leaning democrat, worked with congress a lot)

GWB (... your living it)

Worst (in no order):

Jimmy Carter (weak, weak, but a nice man)

Nixon (f'd it all up at the end)

JFK (Bay of Pigs, disdain for women, mob ties, started all out war in Vietnam - only good things were the space program and his near miss with Cuba)

Wilson (wishy washy diplomat politico)

Coolidge (do-nothing, a real sour puss too)

Buchanan (uh hello, civil war looming! moron)

and all those other guys who died way to early or just sat on their asses (about 12 or so)

Comment

Look, guys, the oath of office of the President of the United States specifically states that the President is obligated to protect and defend the US Constitution.

FDR and "Honest Abe" were guilty of violating the Constitution far more than is average for US Presidents, so I don't see how you can say that our best Presidents were the ones who consistently violated their oaths of office.
                        Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                        Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

I don't know about best Presidents, but other than the two I listed above (FDR and Lincoln), I'd submit Woodrow Wilson for worst President.
                          Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

The Constitution was made for the people. The people were not made for the constitution

In a civil war it's expedient to violate the constitution, let the judges condemn you afterward. Some things have more value than the constitution. I've made a point to avoid most WW2 history so Im not sure about FDR.
                            Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Lincoln
                              FDR
                              Jefferson
                              Teddy Roosevelt
                              Clinton

Washington, Madison and Monroe follow those closely.

bottom:

GW Bush
                              Harding
                              Grant
                              LBJ
                              Wilson
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

In a civil war it's expedient to violate the constitution, let the judges condemn you afterward.
                                The judges condemned Lincoln DURING the war. The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court issued a decision against Lincoln's suspension of habeas corpus, and Lincoln ignored him.

It's always expedient for the government to violate the Constitution - that's why the Constitution exists in the first place.

Some things have more value than the constitution.
                                Like what? If it's national unity, well, then you'll have a hard time defending the FIRST American war of secession, also known as the American Revolution.

I've made a point to avoid most WW2 history so Im not sure about FDR.
                                I'm more referring to the New Deal, although the internment of Japanese citizens certainly was unconstitutional - the Court simply refused to strike it down during war time (yes, Imran, I realize there were other "justifications", but that was the long and the short of it - the decision had little to do with the actual text of the Constitution, same as the WW1 draft case).

Comment

Working...
                                X