No announcement yet.

Recommend some Non-American Films and Expand Ted Striker's Horizons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netflix just dropped their pricing by $3 a month. Now it's only $18 for the plan I'm on.

Blockbuster recently entered this market with a similar deal, except by I think a $1 cheaper, and some in store specials, so Netflix responded by undercutting them in price.

Competition at work.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Alright today I watched Metropolis.

I found it to be once again more stimulating on the intellectual level than on the entertainment level. Old films are harder to get into since I'm used to the modern special effects and pacing of today's films.

Though the music to the film was fantastic. Most older films have a sound track that is so annoying that it gives me a headache. But this soundtrack was awesome.

The themes of the film are also timeless, the main one being the pitting the needs of the working class against the elites.

I liked the end where the Mediator came out and joined the two groups together.

With the lack of support for a living wage, longer work hours, and the effects of outsourcing, working life hasn't been as good as it used to be.

Luckily we don't have it as bad as the workers in Metropolis.

Hitting it with a robotic chick.
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Striker
        Alright today I watched Metropolis.

I found it to be once again more stimulating on the intellectual level than on the entertainment level. Old films are harder to get into since I'm used to the modern special effects and pacing of today's films.

Though the music to the film was fantastic. Most older films have a sound track that is so annoying that it gives me a headache. But this soundtrack was awesome.

Sounds like the Giorgio Moroder version (which people either love or hate).
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• It was the silent version.

Is there a newer one?

Comment

• Alright, this weekend I watched, "Hidden Fortess"

I really liked this one! This was the Japanese movie that George Lucas based C-3PO and R2D2 off of!

THe movie was action packed from the beginning, and the princess and the general were irresistable characters.

I also like how the General spared his friend's life after the duel, and the friend eventually came to work for the princess.

I really liked this movie, even better than 7 Samurai!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X