Political Compass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Few and far between?"

I beg to differ. In case you didn't know, they do stage protests against extremism. Before going ahead and generalising again, you should lose some ignorance - have you seen the religious messages inside the mosques here? The Muslims here actively campaign against the extreme violence of the terrorists who campaign in the name of their religion....

Get out of the well, you frog.

I don't approve of the terrorist actions, but I am rather sympathetic to them, because such actions are mere expected reactions to blatant US Imperialism. If people in the name of Islam have done "x units" much terrible things, I think the US has done ten times as much such terrible things in the name of "freedom and democracy".

Everytime I see US inhabitants who frequently diss other countries, arrogantly boast of how they'd whip or crudely refer to other countries, I can't help think why the UN doesn't expel the US from the General Assembly. By now with the World Wars, we should know nationalism brings disaster. Why are we being so patient with a country and system that only seeks to bring oppression, violence, disaster and hatred and ignorance upon the world?
    Yes you are few and far between and your idea of moderate islam is obviously different from mine. The fact that you are declaring Jihad on us proves your warped view of what is and isn't extremism. Your last line there is really funny. As if you could do anything to us that would threaten us as a nation. A quick look at your friends in Iraq and Afghanistan will easily show that oppression, violence, disaster, hatred, and ignorance aren't just ideals they are standard operating procedures. Taliban anyone? Sympathy for terrorists makes you a terrorist plain and simple and I have no problem giving you your Jihad. Just come on out and fight, but then again I forget your kind likes to hide and attack civilians. As for the UN expelling us...probably because they are on US soil and we are the biggest contributers to the UN coffers. I would like nothing more than the UN to expell us so that we can finally expell them off our soil. The UN's lack of conviction and seemingly incompetence to do anything they are supposed to do is overwhelmingly apparent. Sudan? Peaceloving happy muslims at work.

Comment

• In Animal Farm, it was Sugar Candy Mountain.

I'd like a little justice in this world.

Well yes, but because something is abused, doesn't mean its inherently bad, is it? Food is good, but someone can poison it. In the same way, religion is like that. Christianity could explain that God allows the bourgeoisie (or any form of oppression) to abuse his name in order to test the people's faith.- but this does not mean the bourgeoise goes unpunished.
      Arise ye starvelings from your slumbers; arise ye prisoners of want
      The reason for revolt now thunders; and at last ends the age of "can't"
      Away with all your superstitions -servile masses, arise, arise!
      We'll change forthwith the old conditions And spurn the dust to win the prize

Comment

• Originally posted by Natalinasmpf
        In Animal Farm, it was Sugar Candy Mountain.

I'd like a little justice in this world.
        Rock Candy Mountain is a folk version of heaven from the 19th and early 20th Century.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by MalevolentLight
          I don't see you speaking out against Islamic extremism or starting protests or anything of the sort. If you go along with it you are compliant and therefore no better than they are. While there are some good muslims out there they are few and far between and they never speak out or start protests against Islamic extremism. Everytime I see people cheering a beheading I can't help but think to myself "Why don't we just wipe out these animals?". Iraq is really the easiest country of all to liberate and look at the trouble we are having. Imagine trying to change a place like Saudi Arabia and change the mindset of the animals that inhabit there? I just don't ever see it happening and as more and more terrorist attacks happen I have to question why we are being so patient with a people that are out to kill us and impose their barbaric ways on the world.
          Congratulations, you have the good mindset of a Muslim fanatic, only on the other side of the fence.

Many Arabs believe they could easily wipe out the animals that are the Jews, if their leaders decided not to be patient and/or cowardly toward them, and finally initiated the jihad. But their leaders grow complacent with the evil jewry, and thus the problem only continues to grow
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• The fact that you are declaring Jihad on us proves your warped view of what is and isn't extremism.

I'm not. I'm just being cynical. If someone says, "break a leg"...its a figure of speech. I'm just posing as in the view of an Islamic extremist for a moment, so its easier to see a view.

Sympathy for terrorists makes you a terrorist plain and simple and I have no problem giving you your Jihad.

What is this? Sympathy is hardly jihad. Even God rules we should be empathic and sympathetic to our fellow brothers and sisters, and to sinners - this does not mean condonement. If we see someone who has sinned,

If I a Christian, go over to a Muslim friend's house, I would be polite and respectful, adopt proper Muslim table manners at her house, etc. but that does not mean I automatically become a Muslim. If a rehab official counsels a criminal, he or she can be empathic or sympathetic to say, the bad family environment, but not necessarily support such actions. He or she then could say, raise up an issue in the city board, for example, to reduce unemployment to reduce a crime issue, using his or her experience as evidence.

Yes you are few and far between

Empirical evidence? Do you live in a country with substiantial Muslim population (12% or more?)....if you don't have some form of empirical evidence, or have no such experience in dealing with entire Muslim populations, you don't have the authority to claim anything about Muslim demographics.

Just come on out and fight, but then again I forget your kind likes to hide and attack civilians.

Oh look! The school bully who goes "scaredy-cat!"

Guerilla tactics are the tactics of the strong and smart. Attacks on civilians are another thing. Do you think they have any other choice to make their mark? Its a bloody act of war. Did you see what the US did to Dresden? Vietnam....?

The Jihad against the western world has yet to kill millions of civilians - but the US has already exceeded four million.

As if you could do anything to us that would threaten us as a nation.

You contradict yourself, not explicitly so, but in attitude. You describe the horror of Islam and question why one would be patient with the religion at all, then proudly assert that Islam isn't a threat to the nation?

Taliban anyone?

Reagan anyone?
            Oh don't forget, President Jackson and his massacres of Native Americans.

Sudan? Peaceloving happy muslims at work.

Wow. Coup of 1973 in Chile? Freedom loving CIA agents at work. Contra funding in Nicaragua from 1979 to 1990? Freedom loving CIA agents as well, eh?

Well, look it this: the UN has already expelled the US from its environmental protection department.

I also like how you evade my other points. Calling Singapore "one of the poorest of the nations of the world" - you don't seem to address that properly...maybe its because you can't admit to your ignorance?

Comment

• And MalevolentLight, you keep referring to Muslims like I was one of them...in case you are not informed - my religion is Christianity. Yes, I have sympathies, but I don't support Islam as a religion of choice. You see, I'm just level-headed in assessing the situation.

I only know Islam so well, because, as well as fellow Christians I grow up with Muslims. With Hindus. With Buddhists. Taoists. Etc.

And it seems, only countries with insenstive goverments (US, Russia, Indonesia, et.c) have severe terrorist problems. Singapore has no trouble foiling terrorist attack after attack, again and again. Malaysia too.
              Last edited by Natalinasmpf; September 29, 2004, 13:52.

Comment

• Athiests has also infested the likes of everywhere.
                Nietszche
                Originally posted by Natalinasmpf
                I only know Islam so well, because, as well as fellow Christians I grow up with Muslims. With Hindus. With Buddhists. Taoists. Etc.
                Then what's your problem with Nietzsche or with atheists? Buddhists or Taoists don't believe in a god either.
                Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• My guess would be it's about the "moral degeneration" or whatever that she claims America is going through.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Then what's your problem with Nietzsche or with atheists?

Well there are two types of athiests, ones who actively campaign against religion, seek to eliminate it, etc. and ones who adopt a more passively neutral stance on religion.

i dislike the former, Nietszche fits into that category - the latter I have way less trouble with.

Buddhists or Taoists don't believe in a god either.

Ah, but they are far more tolerant (ie. Ghandi, the Dalai Lama). And Taoists/Buddhists have their own deities, and Jade Emperors, don't you forget. Of course I don't support it, but that doesn't mean I can't be understanding of their view, sympathise with them if one of them gets persecuted.

If I have a Buddhist friend who fell in a pit and got a severe abrasion, I would be sympathetic and call the hospital. If the friend were Muslim, I would do the same. If someone is being oppressed, would I not disapprove of their oppressor?

Comment

• I don't know of too many atheists that go out and chop people's heads off in the name of god.

What is this? Sympathy is hardly jihad. Even God rules we should be empathic and sympathetic to our fellow brothers and sisters, and to sinners - this does not mean condonement. If we see someone who has sinned,

If I a Christian, go over to a Muslim friend's house, I would be polite and respectful, adopt proper Muslim table manners at her house, etc. but that does not mean I automatically become a Muslim. If a rehab official counsels a criminal, he or she can be empathic or sympathetic to say, the bad family environment, but not necessarily support such actions. He or she then could say, raise up an issue in the city board, for example, to reduce unemployment to reduce a crime issue, using his or her experience as evidence.
                      You're talking to an atheist who has absolutely no respect for religion unless it doesn't impose itself on others or it doesn't hurt people. Islam does both to the extreme. There were people like you in this country before 9/11 who all they wanted to do was see the other side and lets understand the terrorists. I'm glad those people have been silenced.

Empirical evidence? Do you live in a country with substiantial Muslim population (12% or more?)....if you don't have some form of empirical evidence, or have no such experience in dealing with entire Muslim populations, you don't have the authority to claim anything about Muslim demographics.
                      If they were so widespread we wouldn't have widespread terrorism now would we? Do you see Nazi's running around terrorizing the world? No. Because they're few and far between. Do you see moderate muslims out in force giving up terrorist positions and kicking them out of their houses? No.

Oh look! The school bully who goes "scaredy-cat!"

Guerilla tactics are the tactics of the strong and smart. Attacks on civilians are another thing. Do you think they have any other choice to make their mark? Its a bloody act of war. Did you see what the US did to Dresden? Vietnam....?

The Jihad against the western world has yet to kill millions of civilians - but the US has already exceeded four million.
                      For someone demanding evidence all the time you make some very outlandish claims. Why don't you substantiate this 4 million that we willingly slaughtered and then chanted allah is great as we cut off their heads.

You contradict yourself, not explicitly so, but in attitude. You describe the horror of Islam and question why one would be patient with the religion at all, then proudly assert that Islam isn't a threat to the nation?
                      Islam will never wipe out the USA, but it will hurt our way of life and make life difficult. Everytime I see someone beheaded and then people cheering it just pushes me that much closer to calling for all out war against Islam. Nothing is more disgusting than killing in the name of religion considering that the god you are killing for is nothing more than a figment of your imagination.

Reagan anyone?
                      Oh don't forget, President Jackson and his massacres of Native Americans.
                      Reagan? You must be joking. I don't think I've ever seen someone more outlandish than you. And if you want to compare yourself to early 1800s America, be my guest. That's basically saying you are 200 years behind the times.

And Singapore compared to the US isn't even close economically. No southeast Asia nation is. And if Singapore is rich for a Muslim country that isn't saying much now is it?

Comment

• If someone is being oppressed, would I not disapprove of their oppressor?
                        Try walking into Iran and professing your religion is christianity then you can see what oppression really is. Last I checked in the US we allow muslims and anyone else to practice religion freely. In return they hide in their mosks and plot to destroy the US. Our problem is we're too nice. We go around trying to help people and we just end up getting our hand burned. Better to just wipe the offenders out and focus on our own nation. If you want to attack the US, expect to have your land leveled and turned into a parking lot. That should be our new foreign policy.

Comment

• And Singapore compared to the US isn't even close economically.

Yeah?

Let me see this critical world: PER CAPITA.

I just wanted to mention this first, I'll rebut the rest later.

Comment

• I'm sure I don't agree with ML, but if no one ever practiced Islam again. I would be very happy, and so would a lot of people. The world would be much better off.
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• I'd be happier if they literally practiced 'Islam'.

You can still be a evil homicidal-cum-suicidal ****er even without religion.
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• I wouldn't miss any of the religions, honestly, but ML just seems to have a hardon for Islam in the particular.

-Arrian
                                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                                X