Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Patroklos

Just got back, and oh how I hate work.

Well, are you still in post-deployment standdown?
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

• It is time to end the bizarre regime in NK. The best way to do this is for the SK gov't to cut a deal with China in exchange for cooperation. Thereafter, the Chinese could advise Kim that it was time to go, and to grease his skids out of town. Kim may be just sane enough to take the offer -- as once did Marcos when the US offered him asylum. When Kim was gone, the Chinese army could move in and take control. Once in control, they would allow SK to assume power and resposibility for the North.
      Last edited by Ned; September 14, 2004, 05:47.
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• What does leveling a mountain have to do hith a hydroelectric project? Why would they need the electricity when everyone there is in the sh!thole? This is such an obvious lie it's funny.

Comment

• It is time to end the bizarre regime in NK. The best way to do this is for the SK gov't to cut a deal with China in exchange for cooperation. Thereafter, the Chinese could advise Kim that it was time to go, and to greese his skids out of town. Kim may be just sane enough to take the offer -- as once did Marcos when the US offered him asylum. When Kim was gone, the Chinese army could move in and take control. Once in control, they would allow SK to assume power and resposibility for the North.

Although I don't think this is the best plan or notion, due to cost, there is historical precedent for it.

Silla did request the help of China in order to conquer Paekche and Koguryo and unify the peninsula...

Of course, then China tried to stay, but they were quickly kicked out by Silla.
          B♭3

Comment

• Tommarrow is the last day of stand down but I took the first two weeks of POM so I am back to work now.

Work didn't seem like such chore at sea, but now that I could be doing something else it is torture.
            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Tommarrow is the last day of stand down but I took the first two weeks of POM so I am back to work now.

Work didn't seem like such chore at sea, but now that I could be doing something else it is torture.
              Was this your first Med cruise?
              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

• It was probably just some mad scientist.
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Yeah, first cruis period.

Though I would call it an IO/PG cruise over a Med
                  "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Yeah, first cruis period.

Though I would call it an IO/PG cruise over a Med
                    Should gone to SD.

WESTPAC, baby.

Comment

• [Q]Originally posted by Ned
                      the Chinese could advise Kim that it was time to go, and to greese his skids out of town. Kim may be just sane enough to take the offer -- as once did Marcos when the US offered him asylum.[/QUOTE]

Man, you are so outta touch with reality.

Kim is a cult leader. He won't go easily. He'll try and burn the Korean peninsula and everything in his reach as a monument to his divinity.

Marcos took the U.S. offer because he had no choice. Within a very short period, his presidential palace was going to be stormed and he would have been ripped to shreds by angry mobs.

There's only one way to get rid of Kim, the painful way, which is why no one's gonna do it. It's not worth millions of dead Koreans just to get rid of him.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Should gone to SD.

WESTPAC, baby.
                        Me, you, and the 500,000 other members of our proud Navy...

Which is why I didn't get to go there

Comment

• I was originally suppose to go to NSGD Rota....but they change my orders....

Comment

• There's only one way to get rid of Kim, the painful way, which is why no one's gonna do it. It's not worth millions of dead Koreans just to get rid of him.

of course, to hear some people on this side of the ocean talk, they don't particularly care about the skoreans...
                            B♭3

Comment

• Well, I'm sure there are some nice Koreans. I haven't met any, but I'm sure there've got to be some.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Bastards.

I am hoping for Italy after this tour, plenty of billets for my sort of work. Unfortunelty once I let the detailer know of my willingness to go over there Bahrain becomes an unfortunate alternative. Though you do make alot of money living there.

Comment

Working...
                                X