Big Boom in Korea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DaShi
    China needs North Korea. It's like the average looking girl who has an ugly friend to make her look better.
    Clearly your analogy is deeply flawed

Chinese women
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

• I should take some pictures
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Patroklos
        If I had a penny every time a poytubbie advocated invading NK before Iraq I would be rich.

/me glances at Location.

Shouldn't you be on leave or something?
        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi
          I should take some pictures
          Perhaps I should drive around Mormon country and take some pictures as well.

To quote Jaguar, pwnd.
          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

• Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

Perhaps I should drive around Mormon country and take some pictures as well.

To quote Jaguar, pwnd.
            I concede! I concede!
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• DPRK now claiming that the explosion was them "demolishing" a mountain in order to continuw work on a hydroelectric dam project. British ambassador has requested to visit cite. DPRK has said they will consider request.
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Isnt it easier to work around them
                Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

• Originally posted by Q Cubed

nobody i know seriously contemplates an NK/US war... at least, not in regards to regime change in NK...
                  Dubya.
                  "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                  "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                  2004 Presidential Candidate
                  2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

• Originally posted by mrmitchell
                    China? Does China like having an unstable nuclear crackpot at their border?
                    They've gotten used to Russia over the years.
                    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                    2004 Presidential Candidate
                    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

• * Lonestar glances at Location.

Shouldn't you be on leave or something?
                      Just got back, and oh how I hate work.
                      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• DPRK now claiming that the explosion was them "demolishing" a mountain in order to continuw work on a hydroelectric dam project.
                        That's some hydroelectric project.
                        Visit First Cultural Industries
                        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATO

The antiquated artillery that DPRK deploys would be completely nutralized within hours. The establishment of Air Force "kill zones" and Paladin counterfire would devastate this facit of the DPRK military.
                          The mountanous terrain makes getting a good bearing difficult, plus the north has underground bunkers into which guns can be brought back in, and very heavy AAA fire would endanger low flying aircraft. That, and in a few hours Seoul, a city of 10 million would see massive damage.
                          If you don't like reality, change it! me
                          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by GePap

The mountanous terrain makes getting a good bearing difficult, plus the north has underground bunkers into which guns can be brought back in, and very heavy AAA fire would endanger low flying aircraft. That, and in a few hours Seoul, a city of 10 million would see massive damage.
                            This type of artillery "hardening" is exactly what Paladin was designed for. While there is no doubt that Seoul would suffer significant damage, the DPRK artillery would be short lived as a massive offensive force. Paladin counterfire is pretty quick and DPRK would not have time to move artillery back into bunkers. Not to mention that B1 and B2 strikes with "bunker buster" bombs would make these not very pleasant places to be. That being said...what a horrible war that would be for all. We can only hope that China will excersise whatever influence they have to keep the genie in the bottle.
                            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Then why the hell is going after him some great impossible?

the roughly ~20 million people in one of the east asia's, if not the world's largest economic and industrial centers within range of artillery...

The antiquated artillery that DPRK deploys would be completely nutralized within hours. The establishment of Air Force "kill zones" and Paladin counterfire would devastate this facit of the DPRK military.

The real danger lies in the possibility of a nuke strike. This possibility, while relatively remote now, will only grow.

while you might have no problems placing someone else's life and someone else's country in as yet somewhat un(battle)proven technologies...
                              and it's facet.
                              B♭3

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATO

This type of artillery "hardening" is exactly what Paladin was designed for. While there is no doubt that Seoul would suffer significant damage, the DPRK artillery would be short lived as a massive offensive force. Paladin counterfire is pretty quick and DPRK would not have time to move artillery back into bunkers. Not to mention that B1 and B2 strikes with "bunker buster" bombs would make these not very pleasant places to be. That being said...what a horrible war that would be for all. We can only hope that China will excersise whatever influence they have to keep the genie in the bottle.
                                First of all- I doubt we would have all our paladins in the ROK, and since the NK has over 4500 pieces of artillery and rocket systems, I must seriously question any notion that "within hours" their massive artillery would be out of commission. In fact, I think that thought in the realm of fantasy. as for B2, those are 14 hours away in Missiouri, and go after predetermined targets, not targets of opportunity, and could onyl hit a few, not hundreds. The B1's might be closer, but again would take hours to get into theater and hit their pre-assigned targets. You don;t call B2's and B1's for support.
                                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                                X