Best Poly Threads Ever!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnT
    Ted Striker's unintentially hilarious 1918 Flu Killed 20 Million People!!! . Ted, buddy, thanks for the heads-up.
    That link's broken I remember that thread, though

Comment

Hmmm. Guess the thread got deleted in the last archive cleanup. Some good retorts:

Paul Hanson: "So, by extrapolation:

1945: WW2 ends
      2031: Ted learns that WW2 ended in 1945

1969: Man walks on the moon
      2055: Ted learns of the momentous fact"

GePap: "Shees, first influenza...then he will find out about Versailles! Though he should be happy about the Senate votes on the League of Nations..but then he has to see the Reds win in Russia, and then the war between the Soviets and Poles!

Man, Ted is certainly living in trying time!"

Sava: "85 year old flu ridden corpse... I'd hit it "

Comment

That Mac thread brings back memories. Some choice quotes from Drake, in a very serious manner:
        What brought about this crackdown, Ming? I have my ideas, but I don't want to unjustly blame anyone for destroying the only home we Mac users had.

It does leave a bad taste in you mouth, doesn't it? Asher sets out on some vindictive little vendetta against the Mac people and somehow manages to get his way. Makes me lose faith in humanity.

Agathon also proudly quoted, many times:
        Asher is on perma ignore.

Not to mention all of the posts from the Macheads calling for my banning for ratting them out.

They got so worked up, some claimed to quit Poly forever, and threw in choice insults such as:
        So bye to the good people, but not to mental Canadian homos with ugly boyfriends.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Even better what Aggie said to Ming. Gems such as:

Don't talk to me about logic, your grasp of it is a joke if that's what you believe.

I'm not saying anything I haven't said elsewhere. When Ming uses the word "logic" he does with precious little understanding of its actual meaning.

And my all-time favorite:

It's not a personal insult. It's a statement of fact. I'm sorry if you are offended by it, but it's the truth nonetheless.

Logical statements are those that conform to the strict rules of validity, yours don't. I should know, I've taught formal and practical logic and contributed material to a recently published book on the latter subject.

Comment

Hmmm. Guess the thread got deleted in the last archive cleanup. Some good retorts:

Paul Hanson: "So, by extrapolation:

1945: WW2 ends
            2031: Ted learns that WW2 ended in 1945

1969: Man walks on the moon
            2055: Ted learns of the momentous fact"

GePap: "Shees, first influenza...then he will find out about Versailles! Though he should be happy about the Senate votes on the League of Nations..but then he has to see the Reds win in Russia, and then the war between the Soviets and Poles!

Man, Ted is certainly living in trying time!"

Sava: "85 year old flu ridden corpse... I'd hit it "

Oh, that thread was pure magic!
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
              The Civ-Mac forum was being used for just general Mac techie threads, and Asher called Ming in on it. It basically killed all discussion in the forum, and there was (and still is) a huge, incredibly funny thread with Agathon and Drake getting all up in arms, calling Ming an ******* and such. They claimed Asher led them into the debates in the first place.
              Asher did lead us into those debates and I am just another witness to that.
              HAVE A DAY.
              <--- Quote by Former U.S. President Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt
              "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
              For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Comment

Tassadar's "VERY Important Question".
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Nice Guy
                  Asher did lead us into those debates and I am just another witness to that.
                  So you admit that you guys, as a whole, are weak-minded and easily manipulated?
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I liked the thread where posters from all walks of political life on 'Poly's board ended up making fun of Fez/Giancarlo/Pedro, especially when one of the Swedish posters explained that 'fez' was 'fart' in Swedish.

Everyone was taking the piss out of him, Imran, Boris G., Agathon, Chemical Ollie, I was just creasing up every time a new post came up and Fez/G./Pedro ranted and frothed and raved all over again.

The thing is, I can't for the life of me remember what the hell the thread was about, just that I laughed so hard I had a stitch.

Damn.
                    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

The best threads get locked these days - its almost a seal of quality.
                      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I agree.
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I think people would be amazed at the threads that were once allowed.
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

It was certainly alot more fun back in the day.
                            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I had one that was just "hahahahahaha!", every post, the title "hahahaha!", lines and lines of it.

Ming would come in and post comments like "I'm not sure what this is about" and then leave

Comment

The Apolyton House threads are a fond memory of mine.
                                Long time member @ Apolyton
                                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
                                X