Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rape is having sex without the other person wanting it
    Before or after the act?

It seems to me that in many rape cases, it is more regret that perpetuates the charges rather than actual intent.

"Ewww, I didn't have sex with that guy did I? He must of raped me!"

blah
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Why would it ruin your fun to explicitely ask for your partner's opinion on having sex?

If both this, and "not tonight" are effective, what does it matter which method is used?

Why the need to dictate one over the other?

-=Vel=-
      The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
        It seems to me that in many rape cases, it is more regret that perpetuates the charges rather than actual intent.
        And this opinion is based on what knowledge?
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Velociryx
          Why the need to dictate one over the other?
          Because it's your responsibility to keep your ass out of jail, and all you need to do is ask a simple question. With that much on the line, you'd think it'd be a lot easier for guys to make a choice.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

It's my responsibility to pick my lovers better, so it's not an issue to begin with, and it never has been...

-=Vel=-
            The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Yeah, well, too many guys think with their dicks.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

I do. I always have. Sometimes I've even declined when she said yes but her body language said no. I'm all about respecting the other person. Sex is fun, but it's not so much fun that I'm willing to ruin another prson's life for it.
                I don't ask. I never have. And frankly I have never had to since it was so obvious. But I have also declined many times to proceed if my partner just didn't seem to be into it. Its something you do with someone not do to someone.

Che I am truly wondering how that asking goes.

Can I touch your breasts?
                Is it ok if I manually stimulate your genitals? Orally?
                Do you want to (orally pleasure) me?
                Is it ok if I "boink" you? Is cowgirl acceptable? How about doggie?

I know this sounds like a silly list and to me it is. But if you accept as I do that a person has the right to consent or not consent to any such acts and to withdraw their consent at any time, there has to be an obligation on the person that wishes to negate that consent to actually communicate their feeling. Otherwise, logically you would need a constant re-affirmation of that consent again and again and again. Or does a consent once given negate this requirement?

If the consent does not require constant reaffirmation, how is my situation where consent is taken from behavior ( her stripping or stripping me) any different? In either case there comes a point where you have to assume continuing consent unless there is some act to negate it.

Oh and do both parties have to get the consent of the other or if one party initiates something is THEIR consent implied?

I guess you could have both parties chant "yes yes yes" throughout but mouths are often otherwise occupied
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Well then....the solution is to straight-jacket the whole of society, right? I mean, heaven forbid we actually allow people freedom of choice, even when that freedom leads to bad decisions. And why stop there? I'm sure we could fill the books with all sorts of "proper methodology mandates."

It is just as easy for a woman to say "not tonight" as it is for a man to ask.

One takes no more "effort" than the other. I see no compelling reason to MANDATE that one be done over the other, aside from our obvious ideological differences, which may or may not play a role in our differing views here.

-=Vel=-

Comment

Because it's your responsibility to keep your ass out of jail, and all you need to do is ask a simple question. With that much on the line, you'd think it'd be a lot easier for guys to make a choice.
                    I'm with Vel on this one. I make my choice in choosing my lovers ( and now its one person hopefully for the rest of my days). I have never felt in any jeopardy on this issue ( I am a very gentle and non-intimidating person anyway)

I just think that given the right of a person to withdraw consent or to consent or not consent to any specific act, requiring a positive affirmation of that consent would require not one question but a string of them. To do otherwise is to assume consent without signs of negation or to assume it from behavior.
                    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Velociryx
                      It is just as easy for a woman to say "not tonight" as it is for a man to ask.
                      Except for the whole power relations thing. Try asking, it shows respect. Always strive to be a better person.

Comment

There are many ways to "show respect," and this particular one is...rather weak, IMO. Sounds rather "rules lawyerish" to me, actually.

If I was dating someone who did this, I strongly suspect that she would not last long, as it would quickly get on my last nerve.

-=Vel=-

Comment

And this opinion is based on what knowledge?
                          I can have an opinion without knowledge!

Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
                            If he doesn't know if she wants to have sex, he shouldn't be having sex with her.

Does he need it in writing?

Comment

That is, I believe, the natural extension of what Che and others are sugessting.

After all, even if you explicitly ask, in the court room, it's just your word against hers.

Much better then, to get the consent in writing, signed permission slips by both parties, notorized by a witness, and signed by the lawyers of both parties named in said contract.

Right?

-=Vel=-

Comment

Except for the whole power relations thing. Try asking, it shows respect. Always strive to be a better person.
                                What power relations thing? I like strong intelligent opinionated women and I married one. Equals got it? She knows I'd rather not do anything if she's not into it and she has no problem speaking her mind. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Respect ?? Thats a bullcrap way. I respect my wife 10 million ways and I totally respect her desires and have never forced anything ever. The question needs not be asked

Comment

Working...
                                X