Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get... yes, UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get... yes, UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION?

well? I'm in a bit of a... pickle... due to a conflict with a fellow employee which escalated to him bring a whole squad to fight me at my job, I have been fired. Am I eligible for unemployment benefits? And would mine being a full-time student (who also worked full-time) hurt my eligibility?

mightaswell have the system work for me.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

The rules vary by state... and it usually depends on how long you worked there, and whether a part time employee qualifies. I don't think you would in Illinois, but it would be wise to check the unemployement web site in your state to see what the actual rules are.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

AS, your working buddy brought his friends to fight you at your job? Jeesh... that just goes right up there with 'what is the most stupid thing you can ever do'. Sorry for your bad luck about that..
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

You should get it I think. Good thing you didn't quit. Then you wouldn't. I hate that rule.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

im trying to look it up for the state of pa. I'm at www.state.pa.us... but i'm finding no link. is there a federal nexus site that links to each state?
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

and Pekka yeah... he's the biggest ***** ive ever encountered... and guess why he wanted to fight me? because i took this girl he likes out. she doesnt even like him!

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
              im trying to look it up for the state of pa. I'm at www.state.pa.us... but i'm finding no link. is there a federal nexus site that links to each state?
              Try this one...
              http://www.dli.state.pa.us/landi/tax...=853&landiNav=|853|
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Generally, if you're laid off you can get unemployment, but if you're fired for cause, you can't. Your jurisdiction may vary.

A bunch of people came to your workplace to beat you up, and YOU got fired? Come on, now you've GOT to tell us what you did to provoke them that was so horrible your boss chose to fire you and not the other guy.

Comment

Ruh-roh

You must be determined to be unemployed through no fault of your own as defined under Pennsylvania law

Granted, if its like it is where I live, you apply and your employer may or may not state that you were fired for cause...

Comment

oh no... the other guy got fired as well... so did several other people who were somehow involved. half the evening/night shift is gone so the next few weeks will be hell for that establishment, especially with school starting up again and people who were working there as a summer job will be gone in a week.

my boss just said he had too many other things to deal with besides that guy and his friends coming back in there again and again everyday to fight me. he said straight up that he was clearing house so everybody even remotely involved or who he thought was remotely involved is gone. a mother of a girl who was fired came in today to talk to the boss who ran out the backdoor. he's scared as **** so he just cleared house.

and thanks, Ming. i'll check it out.

Comment

it should be noted that the former general manager was attacked by two former employees who had been fired... they waited for him to leave the store then beat him down and left him on the ground bleeding...

then another guy was fired and he promptly beat the crap out of the present manager right in his office. another guy did the exact same thing and hence, when he was firing me, he made sure other people were in the room.

Comment

Geez.
                        http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

DON'T **** WITH OUR JOBS!

remember, i live in a city, so the union spirit must be strong. someone firing you is just cause for you to whoop his ass and/or destroy his or the business' property... or come back that night with a gun and rob the register.

and yes, people, some ex-employees, have already offered to join me in beating him down. i declined. that's stupid.

Comment

Kansas once did not give me unemployment because I did not have a high enough hourly wage (even though I was working full-time). I remember thinking "well geez, that should mean I need it even more!". I hope PA does not do the same Alb.
                            http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

what was your hourly wage?

Comment

Working...
                              X