Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiffor
      Kroptokin:

The Dems didn't believe so, when they elected it during the primaries, on the sole ground he looked like he had the highest "electability"
      Well doh, I'm talking about the perspective of insightful people in general, not a few potheads with a membership card in the Mickey Mouse club (ie the democratic party).

Comment

• It would be innappropriate to characterize Bush per se as negative and dishonest wrt to campaigning. He has in every way attempted to stay above the fray. Now his minions and underlings are a different story.

This marks a huge contrast between himself and Kerry (who has IMO acted the whining little girl.)

Advantage Bully pulpit, but also it makred his 2000 campaign as well where he campaigned in a disciplined fashion.
        You have a short memory, even if we give Bush a pass on these war ads, Bush spent 10's of millions earlier in the year trashing Kerry. And yes, deceitful is an accurate description of some of those ads.

Comment

• His "electability" stemmed on them thinking he could replicate Clintons fake cool thing.

All the Bush commercials I have seen simple tell you Kerry's Senete voting record, and if that is deemed negative then Kerry shoudl have voted differently. Now you can lean on that simple information for whatever point of view you want to convey, but the basic facts given were correct. Bush's opionion of those facts is exactly what I want to hear. And visa vers for Kerry.

At least Bush's own adds have something to do with current problems, ie mostly taxes. EVERY Kerry commercial I have seen, originating from Kerry, deals with Vietnam.
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker

You have a short memory, even if we give Bush a pass on these war ads, Bush spent 10's of millions earlier in the year trashing Kerry. And yes, deceitful is an accurate description of some of those ads.
            You speak of the Bush camapaign in total not the individual candidates. Pleae use the appropriate references to either campaign or candidate.

Bush has (prolly for propiety sake and because he can via bully pulpit) been the modicom of restraint in comparison to the plethora of smear attacks done not only by the Dem party (surrogates and affiliates) but the individual candidates.
            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• On Friday on the News Hour I heard from an expert that the campaign law prohobits 527's from airing any TV ads that mention one candidate or another within 60 days of the election, meaning about Sept. 1 all such ads must end, if this guy is right.

If that is true, so much for the media these guys are getting from anyone but Newscorp. The media Oxygen is gone.

Turning out to be? I was under the impression that it was clear from the very beginning...

Yes, just ask all the guys he has previously beat..piss poor....
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker
                Ogie -

Then you have to live with the contradiction in O'Neill's statements, not me. I guess "in" doesn't mean "in" now. O'Neill said he was "in" Cambodia, along the border. That suggests 2 places - along the border and in Cambodia... It does not suggest one place - along the border...
                When given contradictory statements one ususally then looks at context. Contextually speaking he supported strongly Nixon and as such would have never implicated the crossing over into Cambodia. You prefer to thinkhis inappropriate phrasology to be a Fruedian slip, I on the other hand give him enough credit as a well spoken indivdual who more than held his own in debates against Kerry to be merely defining/refining his previous misspoken statement.

That's praiseworthy?
                No thats a reflection of what others on this board think of him.

He was talking to a guy he served with and when he found out the guy was a member of the group Kerry asked him why, he was not offering oodles of money to run attack ads against Bush - that would be coordinating.
                If I have not covered this before it's expressly forbidden for two reasons IMO. 1) exactly what you espoused payoff or hush money.
                2) because interrogating nonadvocacy 527 groups allows competitive intel (not to mention potential harassment and disruption of their right to free speach) that is to be prohibitted by the nature of the 527/candidate relationship. Heck if competetive intel weren't of such major import than why was Watergate such a big deal?
                Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe; August 30, 2004, 10:07.

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Originally posted by GePap
                  On Friday on the News Hour I heard from an expert that the campaign law prohobits 527's from airing any TV ads that mention one candidate or another within 60 days of the election, meaning about Sept. 1 all such ads must end, if this guy is right.

If that is true, so much for the media these guys are getting from anyone but Newscorp. The media Oxygen is gone.

Turning out to be? I was under the impression that it was clear from the very beginning...

Yes, just ask all the guys he has previously beat..piss poor....
                  Only if they accept union or corporate money.
                  http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• I understand that McCain has blessed criticism of Kerry's antiwar activities after he returned from Vietnam.
                    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• I was going to post that. He has expressly stated that attacks onhis war record are off limits but does not limit (perhaps even encorages) debate around his actions circa 1971.

Comment

• Twenty years ago, Kerry said that Rassmann fell off his boat when he turned to flee the mine explosion on Swift Boat 3. Kerry's current version calls for a second mine explosion that knocks Rassmann off.

Bad memory?

Comment

• WHO ****ING CARES?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                            WHO ****ING CARES?
                            Kuci, only people who are concerned about voting for president and who have not made up their minds.

Obviously, you and I are not in that group because you and I have already made up our minds.

But mark my words, this issue is important to independents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                              WHO ****ING CARES?

As McCain said, nobody remembers what happened in combat accuarately.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned
                                But mark my words, this issue is important to independents.

Pretty stupid independents.

Comment

Working...
                                X