Activists protest against chess as 'racist'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activists protest against chess as 'racist'

A group of activists , calling themselves the 'Society for racial equality" , have lodged their protest , saying that chess is racist in that the two opposing sides being named black and white and giving white the first move is racits and promotes racism indirectly .

WTF is it with these crackpots ? Chess is racist ? I'd say it's a case og getting too psyched up over nothing .
    Yes
    14.29%
    No
    73.02%
    I'll elaborate further in the thread
    0.00%
    We should play chess with bananas as peices
    12.70%

On the plus side it's totally pro-homosexuality. Look at the way the queen dominates the board.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

Re: Activists protest against chess as 'racist'

Originally posted by aneeshm

WTF is it with these crackpots ? .
      They have too much time on their hands?

Or maybe they prefer playing draughts ("Checkers")?
      Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
      "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

I hear crosswords puzzles are racist too. Why do the answers have to go in the WHITE squares.
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
          I hear crosswords puzzles are racist too. Why do the answers have to go in the WHITE squares.
          'cos we don't write the answers in white ink?

Comment

All piano players are white supremacists, otherwise they'd use the Afro-American keys more often.

Comment

This reminds me of an incident I read about some years back.

Apparently, a US company made a batch of Christmas mugs with a twist. Initially, the picture on the outside showed a dark coloured unhappy face. If you put a hot liquid into the mug, the picture would change to a light coloured happy face.

Then some Harvard professor (IIRC) complained about this being racist.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

'cos we don't write the answers in white ink?
                Then we bloody well should!
                "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Writing down the answers on a crossword is considered too easy by some people... they do it from memory.
                  "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Apolyton is racist because it's run by a greek.
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I DEMAND MORE MINORITY MODERATORS!!!

Comment

Moderators ARE in the minority. What are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                          I DEMAND MORE MINORITY MODERATORS!!!

Not a single Jewish mod? You antisemites!
                          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Who's in favour of all chess players being forced to crawl on their hands and knees before Robert Mugabe to apologize?

I mean, just as a start...

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                              Who's in favour of all chess players being forced to crawl on their hands and knees before Robert Mugabe to apologize?

I mean, just as a start...
                              Even the non-white ones? Where's the sense in that?

Comment

Working...
                              X