Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You hoped for more than a 1.023 OPS and Gold Glove Defense? Damn, you Yankee fans are seriously spoiled .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• You know what I meant. His stats for the year, not just this month. I would be very pleased if those were his year total stats.

But he has still be very, very good. Just not GREAT, which is what he was brough in to be.

-Arrian, spoiled Yankee fan
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• You know what I meant.

Yeah, but it was just too good to pass up

Not like it had much adverse effect though. Unless you think a team with Soriano would be much better at this point.

Though I think Yankee pitchers are wishing that Jeter moves to 2B sometime soon, because they'd rather have the best defense guy on the field at SS .
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• yeah, but that best defense guy isnt arod, its orlando cabrera!

(who cost only $2 million)
          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• I know you are a homer, but come on now!

Comment

• and arrian, i think yankee pitching just needs to worry about not breaking their hands on walls.

although i gotta say loaiza looked kinda good his last start.
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• walking barry everytime is better than pitching to him right? walking him everytime would give him an OPS of 1.000. right now he has an OPS somewhere around 1.300. that means he create's less runs when walked.

Comment

• Loiza didn't look good at all. He was this far (imagine me holding my fingers less than an inch apart) from falling apart at the seams last night. He "battled" and "gutted it out" and - most likely - got lucky.

They pitched to Barry last night. 0-3. The man is awesome, but he's also human. He should be pitched to in the right situations.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• walking barry everytime is better than pitching to him right?

No, because it's been shown that OBP is 3 times more important than SLG in scoring runs.

OBP is a good stat to use at the outset, but in the end it is just adding two other stats together, so it doesn't account for which values are more important.

Comment

• Look at it this way. Bonds is on pace for 370/608/826 in ~600 PA. That's about 238 outs, 310 total bases, and 224 walks. So Bonds is producing 534 bases of offense in 238 outs, a ratio of better than two bases per out (I'm ignoring stolen bases.)

And if we walk Bonds every time up? 600 bases, no outs. That's a ratio of infinity bases per out.

Bonds bats fourth in the Giants lineup. According to ESPN.com, Giants #5 hitters are batting .252, 25th in MLB. They are on-basing .311, 29th in MLB, ahead of only Montreal. They are slugging .379, 28th in MLB, ahead of Toronto and Montreal. Collectively, they have 155 hits (20th), 20 doubles (last), 2 triples (tied for 13th through 21st), 18 jacks (21st)... and 100 RBI, 10th in MLB.
                      oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

• ORLANDO STRIKES AGAIN, YAKAH OVER THE MONSTAH, SOX IN 12.

and it was an espn game.

and baseball tonite was a sox fest. that was chill.

Comment

• sox vs. yanks, coming up on friday. any predictions? i say sox sweep.

Comment

• I predict that no matter how hard I try, I won't be able to buy a scalped ticket for less than 100 bucks
                            "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

• What this series against the Orioles has shown us is that, if the Sox can keep games close, they can win in the end. Two 9th inning heroics, another two losses with 9th inning rallies. The key to beating the Yankees in the playoffs will rest on our starting rotation. If our pitchers can keep the Yanks from breaking away with a 5-0 score by the 5th, we can win. We'll beat the Yankees in the 8th and 9th as long as our starters don't give up a big opening lead.
                              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

• My prediction: Sox take 2 of 3. You've got Pedro and Shilling going in this series. Pedro's not gonna suck again. Shilling is en fuego. This leaves Wakefield, who we really should pound.

Of course, my logic on the last series (Yanks should win game 1, game 2 tossup, lose game 3) didn't exactly work out!

-Arrian

Comment

Working...
                                X