Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i think we are now in the yanks blind spot.
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• oh man i dont know what feels better - yanks getting blown out, sox winning, or being down to 3.5 games. sadly, i think its that the yanks got blown out. i guess im a negative guy.
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• I can't discern. You've got the Sox winning, the Sox beating Wild Card Contender Anaheim, and the Yankees being blown out.

I'm not picky...
        "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
        ^ The Poly equivalent of:
        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

• what time is baseball tonite on tonite?

Comment

• 22-0

I couldn't believe it when I heard it I had to look it up

Damn Yankees!!!

I'm gonna cry it's so funny!
            Monkey!!!

Comment

• the yanks got more problems than a math book
              they got more issues than playboy.

Comment

• 3.5 games back. Wouldn't it be something if the Yanks collapsed this year and the BoSox surged?

Of course something will happen to prevent that.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• of course not - when everyone was laughing at me for saying the division wasnt over, i kept quiet. now its time to make some noise, because this is going to be greater and more significant than the boston massacre. ill tentatively call it $teiny's $urrender

Comment

• of course not

We'll see, but history shows whenever the Red Sox gain an inch, they eventually lose a yard. It remains to be seen how the curse works this year.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• isnt the curse already factored into sabermetrics and other baseball prospectus stats?

Comment

• Nope... it's a psychological bar. Ask a psychoanalysis how to get rid of it .

Comment

• of course not - when everyone was laughing at me for saying the division wasnt over, i kept quiet.
                          Actually, we laughed at you when you said the division WAS over (months ago). And then we laughed again when you suddenly reversed course and stated with absolute certainty that the Sox will win (recently). And neither time did you "keep quiet."

22-0, heh. I shut it off when it was 6-0 and the immortal Tanyon Sturtze was summoned from the bullpen. Well, I guess if you're gonna do something, do it well!

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• the immortal Tanyon Sturtze

Well, with 31 games left to play, my Bravos are sitting pretty with an 8.5 game lead, primed for another playoff exit. If it weren't for the Cardinals, I think that Bobby Cox would be a shoo-in for NL manager of the year (and he still might get it, but it's unlikely).

Comment

• I can't believe the Braves are winning the NL East again. That's just amazing. Leo Mazzone should go to the HoF. The man is a miracle-worker.

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• I can't believe it either. In many ways, this is the most pleasing season the Braves have had since '91.

And yes, I agree about Mazzone: definite HoF material. His pitchers have won 6 Cy Youngs in an 8 year period with 3 different winners, but even more importantly, he has gotten amazing production out of the #3-#5 guys on the staff.

And this year, he has taken a cast of no-names and cast-offs and fashioned a Majors leading 3.74 ERA (tied with St. Louis) with them. Amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X