This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey look... you like stats too, LoA .

Man, does Wilson suck hard... Cairo ain't much better though.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• hey, im not really arguing, im just trying to figure this out

here you can see that jeter and cabrera have very similar stats, and by the end of the year, cabreara could have better numbers
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• I never said Cabera was a bad pick up by the BoSox (though his OBP is very low), though I have often said Jeter is vastly overrated and doesn't merit his reputation or his high salary.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• maybe jeter brings mroe to the table than just stats.
          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
            maybe jeter brings mroe to the table than just stats.
            Colin Cowherd certainly thinks so ...

Comment

• He does, a bit, but his stats are down so much this year that no matter what his "intangibles" may be, you cannot argue he's one of the elite anymore. Not this year, anyway. He peaked in 1999.

Cairo's stats are nothing to dance and sing about, but I'll take 'em from my 9th hitter 2nd baseman. They looked better a month or so ago, when he was hitting .300.

And holy ****! I was right! Ankiel was a total guess. Cool... I just really hope he doesn't melt down again. I'm not sure I could bear to watch that again. *shudder*

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian
                And holy ****! I was right! Ankiel was a total guess. Cool... I just really hope he doesn't melt down again. I'm not sure I could bear to watch that again. *shudder*
                That will not be a pretty sight, I hope for his sake he's fixed all the problems he had...

the Cards are forced to bring him up, otherwise he'd be gone...out of options or whatever they term it.

Comment

• wilson: AB 223 9 2B, 0 3B, 6 HR, 31 RBI, 14 BB, .264 OPB (!!!), .345 SLG, .244 AVG, 1 E

But Joe loves him, because he can "play" all over the place and switch "hits."

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Wasn't there an attempt to turn Ankiel into a position player, because he could hit?

-Arrian

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian
                      Wasn't there an attempt to turn Ankiel into a position player, because he could hit?

-Arrian
                      There was some limited talk about that, an outfielder I believe, because he can handle the bat fairly well, at least well enough to be on the bench probably, but it never went anywhere, why I don't know.

Comment

• who else are the yanks gonna put at second?

Comment

• No one. And given the other hitters the Yanks have, Cairo is fine. The Yankee batting order is solid, and would be truely amazing if Giambi had been healthy this year.

-Arrian

Comment

• the red sox are stronger at nearly every position defensivly except right field than the yankees, and are stronger in nearly every position offensivly, except right and 3B. so why arnt we in first?

Comment

• Bad luck, basically.

Left field you're weaker defensively (Manny vs. Matsui? ). Center you've got us beat, but our weaknesses in that position are similar: no arm. Damon's got better range than Bernie/Lofton, though. Right... Sheff can't really use his left arm properly, and Lofton's been out there, but even so it's better than your Nixon-replacement (Millar?). 3B, yeah, A-Rod is better than Youklis. SS - Cabrera, clearly. 2b - depends on who is playing.. oh, so Mueller's been playing 2b for you guys? Hmm... I'd call that a wash, but honestly I don't know for sure. 1b - roughly even between our combo of Olerud & Clark and your MentCaveItch (he's prolly got better reactions, but he's a lot shorter ). I'll give you Varitek over Posada.

Again, luck. The Yankees have overachieved and the Sox have underachieved. Not that I'm complaining, mid you...

-Arrian

Comment

• 2b would be bellhorn. youkilis is on dl, mueller on 3b. and yes i would say matsui and manny are comparable when it comes to defense - he makes manny look average.

Comment

Working...
                                X