No announcement yet.

High School Standings, where were you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They would walk out of class crying. It sounds like they started out weak.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• Its natural that there was a variation in responses. Some kids learned to fight back. Others retreated even further. In neither case did the bully help, but I have always thought that people get overwrought blaming other sfor their emotional problems. The bully didn't make someone weak. He picked on the weak which is in many ways worse
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Bullying is a method to weed out the weak from the herd. Of this I'm sure.

I resisted. They can't bring me down I said. And they didn't.

but I voted left alone. I wasn't physically bullied since I was in elementary school.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber
          I do have one regret from high school and that was I never got with a particular girl. But she hung out mainly with the druggie crowd and thats never been my thing.

her status was interesting as she was "popular" in the sense that she always had a guy but she was "poison" in that she never really had a boyfriend and a lot of other girls didn't like her much.
          I have a similar regret. She used to call me for help with her homework.

I was never sure if she was just using me for my brain and getting me to essentually do her homework for her. We shared U.S. history class. I had to explain it to her. But I wonder if she was actually interested in me. She was asian, and asian women tend to be less forward, so that may be why she did not come on to me. I never made a move on her. I should have.

oh well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident

I have a similar regret. She used to call me for help with her homework.

I was never sure if she was just using me for my brain and getting me to essentually do her homework for her. We shared U.S. history class. I had to explain it to her. But I wonder if she was actually interested in me. She was asian, and asian women tend to be less forward, so that may be why she did not come on to me. I never made a move on her. I should have.

oh well.
            Too bad there-- I have a regret wrt a women when I was in college. She used to give me a ride home from parties and stuff but I never made a move. Years later as friends she admitted that she had wanted me to. it was shortly after totaly missing out with her that I discovered that I did have balls and adopted a more assertive approach toward women that served me well.

The girl in high school .. . if I could have gotten with her, it would not have been a dating thing-- her scene was to be with the guys getting some hash-- get semi to totally stoned and then the sex would ensue.

I didn't actually like her all that much but she was hot hot hot and her talents were legendary.
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• @Apocalypse: I wish I could do to you what I did to quite a few bullies in elementary school; punch you in the face. I might be "weak" in your terms, but you're sick. Seriously sick.
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• When I started school, I was the littlest kid in my whole class, and got picked on mercilessly.

'round about the fifth grade, I hit the mother of all growth spurts, and came back just under six feet tall. The farm work helped tone those muscles.

I remember a couple kids tried with me once after that.

One got the snot beat out of him and the other got tossed into the dumpster out back.

After that, everybody was content to let me alone, and I was content to let them let me alone.

-=Vel=-
                The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

• Well, nice for you. I had several people who would not cease attack me no matter how many times I beat the crap out of them.
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• Originally posted by Last Conformist
                    Well, nice for you. I had several people who would not cease attack me no matter how many times I beat the crap out of them.
                    well thats just stupid

My 15 month old stops doing things that hurt himself after a couple of times.

In my case, a group pounding on the bully once was enough. he then probably went on to other folks but he never bothered us again

Comment

• @Apocalypse: I wish I could do to you what I did to quite a few bullies in elementary school; punch you in the face. I might be "weak" in your terms, but you're sick. Seriously sick.
                      I never did anything just for fun. It was largely about someone else just being stupid somehow and me reacting.

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                      Well, nice for you. I had several people who would not cease attack me no matter how many times I beat the crap out of them.
                      You must not have done it enough to get your point across.
                      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• speaking of classmates.com does anyone pay for that?

this thread got me looking at that .

But you have to pay just to post on the bulletin board. . You know me, I don't like to pay for anything.

Comment

• /me is disappointed in how many people are falling for Apoc's trolls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apocalypse
                            They would walk out of class crying. It sounds like they started out weak.
                            Exactly my point.

If your 6'5'' and weight 300 pounds and pick on 5' guys, you're a pussie.

Samething.

Spec.
                            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip
                              * Trip is disappointed in how many people are falling for Apoc's trolls.
                              you should be encouraged.

what good is a troll if no one falls for it

But I was serious above.

These sort of tactics are used in the military all the time (in the navy is was mostly physical- though in the marine corp it was often physical). It is used to weed out the weak.

we had this one guy in our division. He was a moron with no common sense and/or mechanical ability. He had no business being on a navy ship in deployment. I personally did not terrorize him- that's not my style to mess with people. but other guys did. The guy eventually went psycho and went UA (unathorized absence). And he ended up in some psych ward I think. They eventually booted him out of the navy.

Comment

• i hung out with a bunch of really intelligent people (were talking like 1550+ SAT, national merit scholars, etc etc) and i was the dimwitted blue collared on of the group. basically it was 7 of us in our set and no one ****ed with us. i guess thats just part of living in the bay area
                                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                                X