High School Standings, where were you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difficult to answer, so no reply.

I was pretty well-known in junior highschool, for my outspoken antiamerican opinions (which were definitely a curiosity back then), and quite a few people considered me as interesting. However, I was also easy to tease, and I had only a handful of trusted firends.

Toward the end of senior high, I found a group of geeks whom I immediately befriedened with. Best group of friends I've ever had I think that would make me "normal" in the end, and maybe "popular / teased" at the beginning, though I was never popular with girls by then.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Apoc, you are so unrealisticly stupid.

I teased the weak in HS cuz I thought it was funny. But today, I can admit it, I was a pussie.

I teased anyone, but mostly easy targets because, yes, like you said, they acted stupid and I reacted in someway.

But who am I to judge what is stupid and what is not? If people are like what they are or do what they do, what's it to you?

What's stupid for you is not necessarly stupid for others. Secondly, what you do and like, might be stupid for someone else.

Grow up, admit that you were/are a pussie that took/takes on the weak. There is no standing anymore, poeple wont laugh at you if you do.

I analysed myself one day (about 5 years after HS), and got sick of myself. I realized how I made poeple feel when I teased them non-stop. If I could remember their names, I would try to call some people I really really hurt in HS and apologize.

Of course, I still tease people a whole lot, but it always stays friendly.

Spec.
      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiffor
        Difficult to answer, so no reply.

I was pretty well-known in junior highschool, for my outspoken antiamerican opinions
        You trendsetter, you.
        Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• In junior high? Spiff, Spiff, Spiff. You kill me.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Interestingly enough, when I looked at the title "High School Standings", I thought this was about one's grades in high school. Instead, I found a stereotyping list with no fitting groups. Like "nerds" are always bullied or left alone? My school had no such clear-cut groups; though I might be considered a nerd, I was never bullied *or* left alone - I had many good friends at school. Does anybody else feel the list is just plain silly, or are people in some high schools really that obsessed with "popularity"?

Comment

• I didn't just tease the weak though. A few times I got in fights because of it. But the few people I fought we were cool within days.

And the people I teased with weren't just a bunch of losers. They are now at Georgetown, Princeton, Notre Dame, etc.

We could tell what's stupid, because frankly, it's not that hard to tell if someone is doing something really stupid. If you're weird, just keep it to yourself, but when it starts showing, don't get all pissy if someone comments on it.

The reason I started on this rant was not because I intially wanted to troll, it's because based on the choices in the poll, it's like the you have to automatically assume the nerds had to be at the bottom, and the people at the bottom were the only ones teased. And that is just completely retarded.
              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• Originally posted by Apocalypse
                And the people I teased with weren't just a bunch of losers. They are now at Georgetown, Princeton, Notre Dame, etc.
                I'm sure it's all because of you teasing them.

As for the polls choices, it represents most BIG HS where standings do count. HS, imo, is a jungle and you have to make your place.

Today, I think it's stupid. Kids in HS are mean and always will be. But the smarter ones will reconize if they were mean or not.

Spec.
                -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

• No, teased with as in friends. As in, people I teased to a lesser extent since they didn't nearly do as many stupid things.
                  "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                  "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                  "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                  "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• Originally posted by Spec
                    As for the polls choices, it represents most BIG HS where standings do count. HS, imo, is a jungle and you have to make your place.
                    When I was in high school, I never noticed social standings having an effect. I don't even know if I was at the top or the bottom, if there were such things. I guess we just didn't have enough bullies to uphold the social order :P What counted for me at high school were my grades - it's a school after all, isn't it?

Comment

• Maybe in Finland, but sadly, that's not how it works in america (the continent) in most HS.

Spec.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar

My problem with junior high was failing to get with a particular girl. And it wasn't for lack of trying either.

The only comfort I get is that in the 10 years I was trying to get with her, nobody else managed it either.
                        The particlar girl in my case was the opposite-- I didn't even like her all that much but she was hot and supposed to be pretty wild-- My problem was she only gave it up for the stoners and I just wasn't in that crowd.

So instead I went after the head cheerleader ( whom I did like but thought was innocent). She quickly relievded me of my notions of her innocence.

Guys remember go after the good looking one s that are quiet and don't flaunt anything. You'll be pleasantly suprised at the results.
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber

Guys remember go after the good looking one s that are quiet and don't flaunt anything. You'll be pleasantly suprised at the results.
                          Amen to that.
                          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Well, I was on the Math Team and the Wrestling Team. I didn't really fit in with any single clique, but I mostly hung out with the potheads.
                            "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                            -Bokonon

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber
                              That was exactly the type I went for. And in ten years, no results.
                              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar

That was exactly the type I went for. And in ten years, no results.
                                Didn't you, like, just turn 16? You've seriously been pursuing the same girl since you were 5 or 6? And how many 6 year olds really flaunt anything?
                                "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                                "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                                "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Working...
                                X