Muqtada al-Sadr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joseph
    So Sadr is now going to play Sadam, in that he runs away and hide for a while and then re-emerge sometime from now and start his crap all over again.
    No, the US coalition is playing Sadam. al Sadr wants to play al Sadr - his great grandfather was central in driving the Brits out of Iraq. al Sadr's father was persecuted by Sadam. al Sadr is the freedom fighter, not the USer's puppet government.
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky

No, the US coalition is playing Sadam. al Sadr wants to play al Sadr - his great grandfather was central in driving the Brits out of Iraq. al Sadr's father was persecuted by Sadam. al Sadr is the freedom fighter, not the USer's puppet government.
      "Freedom" is not what Sadr has in mind.

Choose a more appropriate term.
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Originally posted by Agathon
        Sadr hates our freedom.
        To stack up his militiamen like cord wood.
        He's got the Midas touch.
        But he touched it too much!
        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• Originally posted by GePap
          Also, US kill figures seem a little inflated to me, if only because the only thing we have is the word of the US in a lot of instances. After all, according to the US military we killed Saddam once, and also Chemical Ali.
          This position is backed up by groups which aren't normally friendly to the U.S. military. For instance according to Iraqi Body Count we've already killed everyone in the country, twice.
          He's got the Midas touch.
          But he touched it too much!
          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

al Sadr is the freedom fighter, not the USer's puppet government.

he's a dork
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikander
              This position is backed up by groups which aren't normally friendly to the U.S. military. For instance according to Iraqi Body Count we've already killed everyone in the country, twice.
              link

I didn't know there were 5,500 to 6,500 inhabitants in Iraq
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• "Freedom" is not what Sadr has in mind.

Choose a more appropriate term.
                Freedom from foreign oppression and occupation. I stand by the choice of words.

-width: 1px 1px 1px 1px; border-color:#000080;">
                quote:
                Originally posted by Uncle Sparky

al Sadr is the freedom fighter, not the USer's puppet government.

he's a dork

So is Dubbya. At least al-Sadr is an Iraqi national. Let the Iraqi dorks rule Iraq and the US dorks rule the US. Just as the Bush name IMHO wrongly signifies capable leadership to some USers, the al-Sadr name signifies opposition to oppression to many Iraqis.
                Last edited by Uncle Sparky; August 23, 2004, 06:08.
                There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

At least al-Sadr is an Iraqi national. Let the Iraqi dorks rule Iraq and the US dorks rule the US. Just as the Bush name IMHO wrongly signifies capable leadership to some USers, the al-Sadr name signifies opposition to oppression to many Iraqis.
                  So, Allawi is not an Iraqi dork?
                  http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

So is Dubbya. At least al-Sadr is an Iraqi national. Let the Iraqi dorks rule Iraq and the US dorks rule the US. Just as the Bush name IMHO wrongly signifies capable leadership to some USers, the al-Sadr name signifies opposition to oppression to many Iraqis.
                    The Shiite leadership including Sistani have all asked his army to lay down their arms and leave the shrine.

I'd say that says alot about playing the cards the right way in the country. Right now the best thing for the Iraqis is to go along with the US and Alawi until things calm down and they can REALLY assume control.
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• To stack up his militiamen like cord wood.
                      They've all got death wishes. They're the militant Islamic form of christian millenarians.

Spooky Mooky.
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• I'll apologise in advance for posting on a subject I haven't paid much attention, but...

Tonight I'm watching a repeat of Neil Cavuto's show on Fox and they're talking about how Wall Street wants this Sadr guy dead and I just think that's so weird (in a dark kinda way). I mean, the only reason I have to want the guy dead or jailed is what my government tells me and they're the people who got us into this mess with their "WMD" gotta be eliminated. So now I'm supposed to believe whatever they say? Seriously, I don't believe much of anything coming from government unless I can get corroborating evidence.

Comment

• he must be taken out of the picture...

but it must be done by the iraqi's themselves.
                          otherwise this mess is never going to end.
                          "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• And Muslims will think the "Iraqis" who take him out weren't our puppets?

Comment

• Things will be far more palatable if Iraqis do it. It will hurt Iraqi nationalism far less, and it will limit the extra support Sadr would get from nationalist Iraqis.
                              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• yup, no easy solutions but that's probably the best (assuming of course this guy deserves it). I suspect they'll all make up

Comment

Working...
                                X