Windows XP SP2 is here... what you need to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Natalinasmpf
    But the threat distribution isn't proportional.
    Care to explain rationally why it would be?

It doesn't make any sense for it to be proportional. You're not dealing with probability here, but the psychology of the freaks who do this.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• from Heise Security

Originally posted by DRoseDARs

Security Flaws Found in SP2
      Wed Aug 18,12:00 PM ET
      Paul Roberts, IDG News Service
      News und Foren zu Computer, IT, Wissenschaft, Medien und Politik. Preisvergleich von Hardware und Software sowie Downloads bei Heise Medien.
      ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
      "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
      Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

• Now wait, kernel 2.6.7 was quite a while ago. I don't SEE any security flaws in it. Now its kernel 2.6.8, and 2.6.8.1...no reported security flaws yet....
        Arise ye starvelings from your slumbers; arise ye prisoners of want
        The reason for revolt now thunders; and at last ends the age of "can't"
        Away with all your superstitions -servile masses, arise, arise!
        We'll change forthwith the old conditions And spurn the dust to win the prize

Comment

• I guarantee you there are dozens, and they're far more serious than the two SP2 ones that Heise found.

SP
          I got the Jete from C.C. Sabathia. : Jon Miller

Comment

• Originally posted by Natalinasmpf
            Now wait, kernel 2.6.7 was quite a while ago. I don't SEE any security flaws in it. Now its kernel 2.6.8, and 2.6.8.1...no reported security flaws yet....
            And amazingly, still no flaws in the SP2 Kernel.

In fact, I can't even remember the last time the Windows kernel had a vulnerability. Do you?
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• In fact, I can't even remember the last time the Windows kernel had a vulnerability. Do you?

I do. All the programs the Windows kernel are bundled with, and are updated with as well. Therefore, it counts as a flaw.
              Arise ye starvelings from your slumbers; arise ye prisoners of want
              The reason for revolt now thunders; and at last ends the age of "can't"
              Away with all your superstitions -servile masses, arise, arise!
              We'll change forthwith the old conditions And spurn the dust to win the prize

Comment

• Oh come on, do a bit of research. The kernel was patched in Spring 2003, for a vulnerability involving how it talks to debuggers or something.

SP
                I got the Jete from C.C. Sabathia. : Jon Miller

Comment

• Okay since most Linux distributions bundle sendmail into the rc scripts, that counts as a vulnerability too.
                  We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                  X