No announcement yet.

Gay segregation, community building & phobism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Housewives tend to associate with housewives, working-class men tend to associate with working-class men...people with similar backgrounds tend to associate with eachother. Why is it any different if gays tend to associate with gays?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

It's not that your blind -- do you think all gay people wear rainbow bracellets, or tell you "by the way, I'm gay" when you meet them? Most gay people, you couldn't tell they're gay by just talking to them or meeting them. They need to tell you. And why would they tell their classmates that?
      You are right, that was foolish thinking.

Comment

It's all good, after a while it's possible to get a gaydar. Very subtle things people do can give them away.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Housewives tend to associate with housewives, working-class men tend to associate with working-class men...people with similar backgrounds tend to associate with eachother. Why is it any different if gays tend to associate with gays?
          It is not! It's pretty understandable.

To make the long story short it's just that I know housewife's and know working class people and know how they think and what they are like. But I don't know what gay people think and are like. So I was a bit scared of the "unknown" that recently has brought up so much attention.

Comment

Gaydar: the technical term used to describe the way in which heterosexual women discern whether a man is homosexual.
            hmm I certainly don't like to be a breeder voyeur

Comment

That's a pretty lame definition, most of the time it's gay men trying to discern whether a man is homosexual.

Comment

It's from wordspy.com

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                  You know, not all of a person's life is about stopping persecution. Sometimes it's about eating. Sometimes it's about sleeping. Sometimes it's about making a living. Sometimes its about having fun. Why do you want to reduce a person's whole life to fighting oppression? Don't oppressed people deserve to enjoy life before they are fully liberated?
                  Eating

Comment

Re: Gay segregation, community building & phobism

Originally posted by Atahualpa

It makes me think a bit and wonder if suddenly even I as male would become a target for rape.
                    Is this a common occurance where you live?
                    Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

no
                      and don't make me rationally explain that, I can't

Comment

If Gays are living their gay life and heteros are living theirs more and more prejudices will grow and conflict will not be avoidable. Only if we mix we can learn to understand and live with each other.
                        That's what I think.
                        In more specific terms, what is this "gay life" and "straight life" you are talking about?
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

It's from wordspy.com
                          Apparently then, wordspy.com does not know what it's talking about in regards to popular culture term, "gaydar."

As Asher has already pointed out.

Comment

I don't know and I can't tell.

What I was refering to is when 2 communities evolve differently their "lifes" will _probably_ start to differ more and more. I probably don't took into account that this has become a bit hard with the media covering everything, but it's still possible.

Apparently then, wordspy.com does not know what it's talking about in regards to popular culture term, "gaydar."
                            Apparently you are right

Comment

I guess I wasn't sure what you meant by "gay life" and "straight life" since lifestyle is based on an individual's choice and values, rather than one's sexual orientation.

Comment

And an individual's choices and values can be influenced by one's sexual orientation.

Comment

Working...
                                X