Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JohnT's random thoughts about the movies thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JohnT
    ET is a movie that, to me, hasn't stood the test of time very well.
    I watched it last week, I thought it stood up rather well.

Poltergiest, however, now blows.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by hexagonian
      I just bought 'Time Bandits' on DVD because I remembered really liking it when it came out. I watched it with the family last week and even though it had its moments, it seemed incredibly dated now.
      I just watched it a few weeks ago, I thought it was still great. A very fun movie that a kids can like but still has enough twisted humor to appeal to kids.

I never liked ET, even as a kid. Bored me.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Yup, I put on ET when I need nap
        Monkey!!!

Comment

• Of course, my wife gets her first free movie something that is completely unwatchable:

The Reckoning

"In 14th-century England, a young monk breaks his vow of chastity and flees the wrath of his bishop and fellow monks. A fugitive priest, he then witnesses the murder of a traveling performer--and subsequently, the mourning of actor by his fellow troupe members. He eventually becomes initiated into the troupe as a player, replacing the murdered man. They travel from town to town performing their standard morality play. They arrive in a town where a boy has been killed and a young deaf-mute girl has been imprisoned for the crime--sentenced to death for witchcraft and murder. Discarding the expected bible stories, the actors stage a performance based on the crime. Through the performance of the play, they discover that the townspeople know the young woman did not, in fact, commit the murder. The stage becomes a place where vital human truth is told. Thus, simultaneously, the fugitive priest comes to terms with his own crime and makes a powerful sacrifice, thereby redeeming himself."

This thrillride of a movie grossed a whopping $275,000 in its release.

Comment

• The Pricesss Bride is one of the best movies ever!!!!!
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Comment

• Incontheivable!
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                X