Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any positive Muslim role models out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not necessarily. Quite a few founding fathers were complete bastards.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Park Avenue
      Right yeah. Think I'll follow the footsteps of one of them...
      You don't have a millionth of the genius Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan had in one of his little fingers, let alone in all his artistry.

Love of his music unites Sunni and Shi'ite Muslim, Christians, Hindus and Sikhs, and even ordinary apostate atheists like me.

I would also suggest the Aga Khan, Ulugh Beg, Ibn Battuta and Baaba Maal.

The Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) is dedicated to improving the quality of life of those in need.

Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Okay. How about positive Muslim role models in today's world that are widely respected by Muslim and non-Muslims alike?
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
        2004 Presidential Candidate
        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by jdd2007
          Ali G
          Keep it real
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Farid Esack. Helped fight against apartheid in South Africa alongside the other famous figures back in the 80's. Wrote Quran, Liberation, & Pluralism if I recall the title correctly. I've had the honor of actually seeing him speak and chatting with him quickly afterwards- a very smart yet moral man.
            All syllogisms have three parts.
            Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Hey Playor!

AliG and bin Laden are the two greatest role models for Muslims.
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

ali g (aka sasha baron-cohen) is jewish btw

and i certainly agree with ibn battuta, has anyone read the story of his travels? amazing stuff
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Jewish? Who cares...he looks da G man!
                  www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Park Avenue
                    Jewish? Who cares...he looks da G man!
                    Tell me PA, did your mother think paintstripper was a cure for morning sickness?
                    Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Knevil
                      Tell me PA, did your mother think paintstripper was a cure for morning sickness?

Evil... and you felt the need to make personal insults why?

Discuss the topic... don't insult the posters. Next time you do so, you will be restricted without any additional warnings....
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ming:

but stewart is a word that begins with a pr and ends with the nickname for a guy named Richard.

even i'm not this much of an a-hole
                        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Plato, Hannibal, and Cleopatra were both Muslim *and* black.
                          http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

its crazy how many people think Hannibal and Cleopatra were black... stupid ******s

"I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

The debate rages on. I think the current theory says Cleopatra was Greek.

Maybe she was a Greek/black mix.
                              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

if anything Greek/Egyptian but thats doubtful

Comment

Working...
                                X