• Originally posted by Berzerker
    Jr is up
    I already posted his pick:

JRabbit PMed me and ask to pick
    Clinton Portis.

Of course, he is still online.

ACK!

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Berz, your view? I want to get people to discuss this. We have a ways to go before we get to picking backups, but its best to get this out of the way.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Ok, now Berz is up... -JRabbit, ignore my PM .
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Ok, so Berz and I are here. Jac de Molay is offline, but was online at 5ish today. I wonder if he only has access during work (he hasn't posted in this thread yet).

Comment

• Seems like Berz has left the forum... doing some in depth research I bet. This mid-late 1st round is a REALLY tough choice. I'll actually be glad when Berz makes his pick because then I'll have an easier choice .

Comment

• 1) gjramsey = 7. Ramsey's Razorbacks
              2) Kalius = 1. Sarlat
              3) SlowwHand = 12. Dallas Dwarf Tossers
              4) Tuberski = 4. Billy's Boingers
              5) Japher = 6. Flippin' Monkey Men
              6) reismark = 10. Kyrandia Dragonhawks
              7) Zopperoni = 2. Amsterdam Afros
              8) Dissident = 8. Vegas Skullsmashers
              9) -Jrabbit = 9. Cute Little Bunnies
              10) Berzerker = 11. Berzerkers
              11) Imran Siddiqui = 5. Georgia Gliders
              12) Jac de Molay = 3. Fighting Emus

1.1 Priest Holmes
              1.2 LaDainian Tomlinson
              1.3 Edgerrin James
              1.4 Ahman Green
              1.5 Kevan Barlow
              1.6 Shaun Alexander
              1.7 Deuce McAllister
              1.8 Peyton Manning
              1.9 Clinton Portis
              1.10 Jamal Lewis

Comment

• Ah, that's the person I thought you were going to draft.

Makes it a bit easier on me... though not really.

1) gjramsey = 7. Ramsey's Razorbacks
                2) Kalius = 1. Sarlat
                3) SlowwHand = 12. Dallas Dwarf Tossers
                4) Tuberski = 4. Billy's Boingers
                5) Japher = 6. Flippin' Monkey Men
                6) reismark = 10. Kyrandia Dragonhawks
                7) Zopperoni = 2. Amsterdam Afros
                8) Dissident = 8. Vegas Skullsmashers
                9) -Jrabbit = 9. Cute Little Bunnies
                10) Berzerker = 11. Berzerkers
                11) Imran Siddiqui = 5. Georgia Gliders
                12) Jac de Molay = 3. Fighting Emus

1.1 Priest Holmes
                1.2 LaDainian Tomlinson
                1.3 Edgerrin James
                1.4 Ahman Green
                1.5 Kevan Barlow
                1.6 Shaun Alexander
                1.7 Deuce McAllister
                1.8 Peyton Manning
                1.9 Clinton Portis
                1.10 Jamal Lewis
                1.11 Randy Moss

Jac de Molay is up for 2.

Comment

• Imran, I have no strong feeling for against your idea. If you want 8 bench spots that's fine with me

Comment

• I did like the 14 rounds, but wouldn't mind the 16. In other leagues, I never did carry a second D, just dropped the current and picked up one who had a bye already. That was a league that had a $1 transaction fee for each pickup, and stockpiling other players made sense.

In other words I think I agree with the smaller bench like Diss commented on above. It does add more stategy to the draft, but also will make people stay away from injury prone players, or draft stonger backups for that position.

Comment

• now Jamal Lewis is drafted I can comment on him. I was seriously considering him, but he has some legal troubles. He'll probably pull thru, many NFL stars seem to amazingly escape jail time

Comment

• I took the risk with Pittman last year, and he did well avoiding the clink.

Comment

• Jeez, I'm sweating now based on Jac's picks. I usually ALWAYS go for 2 RBs in the beginning of the draft, but this time Moss was staring at me and I had to (never had a pick this late in the 1st round). I can only hope that I get one of the two RBs I'm considering for my next pick.

If Berz took Moss, I would have taken Lewis, btw .

Comment

• now Jamal Lewis is drafted I can comment on him. I was seriously considering him, but he has some legal troubles. He'll probably pull thru, many NFL stars seem to amazingly escape jail time
                            Hehe, my research was almost entirely on looking thru google for recent news on his indictment. I'm hoping they'll put any trial off until after the season, but given such a late pick for me and the rush on RB's and given what a yardage horse he is with 1 pt per 10 yds he'll be even more valuable this year.

If Berz took Moss, I would have taken Lewis, btw
                            It was between Lewis and Moss for me

Comment

• In this stage of the draft I would have been surprised if it was anything but .

Comment

• As Tuberski and Japher can attest, I was on Portis first, then Moss if Diss had taken him. Wanted to break up the RB streak, but Portis brings too much value at #9 (assuming the counter-trey still works for Gibbs).

Was on the fence with Jamal -- legal issues and very few catches, but 2K yards -- yum!

If I had taken Moss, I was locked into "best RB available" with my next pick. With a good RB in my pocket, I'll have some options.
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X