X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    Yeah the server has been sucking.

Diss should be here soon if he's online .
    my pick is nearly finalized . I just need to sit on it a few more minutes

Comment

• Ok, here is a compromise.

16 players (8 starting, 8 bench)

HOWEVER, for the bench you MUST select QB, RB, WR, TE, K, D and then have 2 Wild Card picks. That way you can get your extended bench, but have SOME limit on stockpiling?

What do you guys think?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Well yeah, I guess with letting T.O. and Garcia go there is no one else on the 9ers worth starting .

niners suck

Comment

• Stop posting about other stuff and get picking .
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Zopperoni

Give him Emmitt Smith, he'll understand.
            *shakes fist*

Comment

I don't see anything in the rules preventing it. Team profile just says "6 Bench players" so I assume that means they could all be kickers if you wanted.

Yeah, but you'd want a full rounded bench, if you are rational, of course .

NOOB Corner:
              When you go to the waiver wire to cover defense or kicker in a bye week (or to replace an out-for-a-week-or-two injury), do you have to release someone as well? Would that player then be at risk of being claimed by someone else?

Yes.

If so, then I think we should have reserves drafted for Kicker and Defense, too. Heck, why not? -- it would just be 2 rounds of BAPAY.

Are you saying that everyone has to draft a one Kicker and Team D for the bench?

After all, though.. a backup RB can fill in for EITHER RB spot. You don't need two backup RBs and I think plenty in this league will only have one backup RB or WR.
              unless 2 of your RB's have byes the same week. I had that problem last year. I didn't compare bye weeks when drafting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident

Skullsmashers select Walter Peyton, RB Chicago Bears. But seeing as he's dead I'll select the other Peyton. Peyton Manning QB Indianopolis Colts

Update the list, you bastards!

1) gjramsey = 7. Ramsey's Razorbacks
                2) Kalius = 1. Sarlat
                3) SlowwHand = 12. Dallas Dwarf Tossers
                4) Tuberski = 4. Billy's Boingers
                5) Japher = 6. Flippin' Monkey Men
                6) reismark = 10. Kyrandia Dragonhawks
                7) Zopperoni = 2. Amsterdam Afros
                8) Dissident = 8. Vegas Skullsmashers
                9) -Jrabbit = 9. Cute Little Bunnies
                10) Berzerker = 11. Berzerkers
                11) Imran Siddiqui = 5. Georgia Gliders
                12) Jac de Molay = 3. Fighting Emus

1.1 Priest Holmes
                1.2 LaDainian Tomlinson
                1.3 Edgerrin James
                1.4 Ahman Green
                1.5 Kevan Barlow
                1.6 Shaun Alexander
                1.7 Deuce McAllister
                1.8 Walter Peyton. err I mean Peyton Manning- Colts

jrabbit is on the clock.

Comment

• Ok, -JRabbit is up!

Comment

Stop posting about other stuff and get picking .
                    I had to finish reading the thread before I could make my pick

Comment

• JRabbit PMed me and ask to pick
                      Clinton Portis

Of course, he is still online.

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Then what do you think of my compromise?

Comment

Ugh, what is it with people who want extended benches? Yeah, a backup K and D are good, but there is nothing preventing someone from saying I don't want a backup D after their first bye and pick another skill position player, resulting in more stockpiling.

This was exactly the reason I proposed having only one RB or a RB/WR position instead of 2nd RB. It's a REAL problem having to pick 2 RB per team and then having some people stockpiling or having a better waiver position to snatch up the real life backup. Many leagues have seen starting RBs get hurt which destroys their entire team, because they can't get a suitable backup.

A smaller bench goes a way to prevent that.
                          seeing as we are set in our starting positions, we may as well keep our draft #.

Smaller benches are tough to manage. But this is rewarding to those who do the research on bye weeks and such. This should introduce more strategy into this game

Comment

• Jr is up

Comment

• I, personally, like it the way it is. You can always get another kicker or defense.

I had no problems last year.

Besides, I went through 2 or 3 of each.

ACK!
                              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• **** This will take a bit of time, both my picks just got nabbed

Comment

Working...
                                X