Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I think it just means everyone must have 2-each Kickers and Defenses.

Alternately, I would favor a taxi squad or injured reserve.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Gotta go home. I have two players in mind and will take whichever Diss does not. I will PM to two of you.
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

You only really need one backup spot for Kicker and Defense.

You would only use that backup for the Defense or Kicker bye week.

Say, one extra slot that has to be filled with either a kicker or a defense.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

what if your kicker is on the same team as your defense?
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
            what if your kicker is on the same team as your defense?
            Then you are screwed. Besides are you really planning on taking a 9er's kicker?

ACK!

Comment

Ugh, what is it with people who want extended benches? Yeah, a backup K and D are good, but there is nothing preventing someone from saying I don't want a backup D after their first bye and pick another skill position player, resulting in more stockpiling.

This was exactly the reason I proposed having only one RB or a RB/WR position instead of 2nd RB. It's a REAL problem having to pick 2 RB per team and then having some people stockpiling or having a better waiver position to snatch up the real life backup. Many leagues have seen starting RBs get hurt which destroys their entire team, because they can't get a suitable backup.

A smaller bench goes a way to prevent that.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                Ugh, what is it with people who want extended benches? Yeah, a backup K and D are good, but there is nothing preventing someone from saying I don't want a backup D after their first bye and pick another skill position player, resulting in more stockpiling.

This was exactly the reason I proposed having only one RB or a RB/WR position instead of 2nd RB. It's a REAL problem having to pick 2 RB per team and then having some people stockpiling or having a better waiver position to snatch up the real life backup. Many leagues have seen starting RBs get hurt which destroys their entire team, because they can't get a suitable backup.

A smaller bench goes a way to prevent that.
                That's true, I was stuck with Kevin Barlow all last season.

ACK!

Comment

Hm, Diss is online but hasn't posted. tried to PM my picks before but there was a massive "You must be PLUS" server load issue and I kept getting busy signals.

I'll check back after trashing my spam...

Comment

Then you are screwed. Besides are you really planning on taking a 9er's kicker?
                    The last good kicker we had... uh,.. NO!

That's true, I was stuck with Kevin Barlow all last season.
                    That would of sucked. Too bad you didn't get him this year!
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

• Regarding the bench issue, I repeat that I was just stirring the pot. I can easily live within the rules that were in force when we started the draft. Personally, I like long benchess, which (if I surmise correctly) encourages trades and rewards depth of knowledge (as if I that might apply to me... ).

Comment

• Yeah the server has been sucking.

Diss should be here soon if he's online .
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Japher

That would of sucked. Too bad you didn't get him this year!
                          Last year was supposed to be his breakout year,too..........

He was ranked in the Top 10 running backs in the preseason, according to a lot of analysts.

ACK!

Comment

• Yeah, but at least this year Hearst is gone.

Comment

• I have decvided on my two possible choices and PM'd to Japher and Tuberski.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                                Yeah, but at least this year Hearst is gone.
                                Bite me........

ACK!

Comment

Working...
                                X