Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't think of a single Raider I would even consider, 'cept for maybe Jolley... Yet then, there are plenty of other TEs that are much better.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

There is that Niners' bias . I could definetly consider a Raider for my (bench) 4th or 5th WR.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Imran, I thought we were doing 15 rounds again like last year... what happened to that? And is it possible to change to that if everyone agrees to it?
        CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
        Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
        Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
        Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

I figured that since we had one less starting position that 14 rounds would be better. It was 15 last year when we had 3 WR starting . That way you have ONE backup for each position. Allowing people to pick up a decent player from the waiver wire if, say, their star RB gets hurt.

If everyone agrees we could make it 15 total players, but I'd prefer 14, personally.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

No, we didn't have fifteen last year. I remember adding a spot, because of the odd number. An even number of players is fairer.

Comment

What, because of the sepentine draft? By the 15th round, between mistakes and needs, it's gotten pretty random, hasn't it?

I don't really care how this goes, but we should settle it asap.

Where's Diss? I'd really like to draft Tiki before I leave work today.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Guess what... we were all wrong.

We had 16 rounds last year - 9 starters, 7 bench spots. (We were going to do 15 originally, but I successfully petitioned for an extra bench spot in the middle of the draft.)

Still, I'd like that 7th bench player again - it makes things that much more flexible. And more flexibility means more competitive games. There should still be plenty of good players available - I've seen drafts for 9 positions and 8 bench spots that really don't yield any poor quality players in them...
                Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

[ pot-stir]

We have 6 skill position starters, a kicker and a defense. Why not a reserve for each = 16 rounds?

[/pot-stir]
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

n/m

Comment

We have 6 skill position starters, a kicker and a defense. Why not a reserve for each = 16 rounds?

Why do you need a Kicker reserve?

Besides, we have 2 RBs per team. 12 teams = 24 RBs. I'd rather not have teams stockpiling RBs, because not every team can have a backup RB which is starting in the NFL. That's the main reason I want a constricted bench. Any other position it doesn't matter, but RB is a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by reismark
                        Guess what... we were all wrong.
                        I wasn't.

Odd number of players is unfair for those later in the draft. An even-numbered draft gives everyone the same amount times to "go first".

Comment

Hmm... I didn't even think of that Zop. Good point!

Comment

Besides, we have 2 RBs per team. 12 teams = 24 RBs. I'd rather not have teams stockpiling RBs, because not every team can have a backup RB which is starting in the NFL. That's the main reason I want a constricted bench. Any other position it doesn't matter, but RB is a problem.
                            There's a simple solution for that - convert one RB slot into a WR/RB slot. Some will go with 2 RBs and 2 WRs, and others will go with 1 RB and 3 WRs. It also limits the need to draft surplus RBs if you target good WRs, since you can plug in a WR during a RB's offweek instead of a middle-tier RB.

WRs might be more valuable in this league anyway since receptions count for points but rushing attempts don't...

Comment

convert one RB slot into a WR/RB slot.

We already decided not to do that.

Comment

Why do you need a Kicker reserve?
                                Kickers and defenses have bye weeks too, ya know.

We already decided not to do that.
                                OK, cool. (I haven't been able to totally pay attention as is.)

So 14 it will be. Carry on then.

Comment

Working...
                                X