No announcement yet.

PEOPLE picture thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

St. Leo, I swear I had no idea that was you in the avatar. I just thought it was a screencapture of Frodo Baggins in one of the LOTR movies.

Comment

Hmm.

St Leo has attached this image:

Hey, Alan Davies !!!!!!
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Frodo Baggins!

Comment

Whoever he is, he is stuck in a borehole!!
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Alas, I don't yet own a digital camera, so my "drunken best man" picture from my brother's wedding last year is still the most up-to-date picture I've got. I look pretty much the same at the moment, except that I'm tanner (since I just got back from the desert), my hair is grayer (since I'm a year older and I inherited my mom's "premature graying" gene), I'm slightly less drunk (there isn't an open bar in my apartment ), and I'm not wearing a booteneer (or whatever they call that flower whichamacallit on my lapel).

<p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

You look like Jack Nicholson in The Shining.

Comment

No wonder the bridesmaids wouldn't give me any play...

It probably didn't help that I kept cackling and waving around an axe. But hell, that's the best man's job, isn't it? Well, that, and dropping the rings when the priest asks me for them.

Comment

Well, if you hadn't of spent the reception muttering "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy", I think the fat one would've wanted you. That and the axe thing.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                    You look like Jack Nicholson in The Shining.
                    Right director, wrong actor.

Private Gomer Pyle, Full Metal Jacket, immediately prior to blowing away Gunnery Sgt Hartman
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Ooooh, even better! Good one, KH!

The eyes still look a little Jack-like.

Comment

Things might have actually gone somewhere at the post-reception "party," where one of the bridesmaids made allusions to playing some sort of truth-or-dare game (I forget exactly how it came about that I was supposed to give her a dare, but then again, I'd been drinking), but I decided that I didn't want to have a regrettable one-night-stand with one of my new sister-in-law's friends, seeing as how we were both not completely sober and whatnot. So, I dared her to get me another drink, which killed the "game" before it could lead anywhere stupid. Plus, it got me another drink without me having to stand up for it.

Private Gomer Pyle, Full Metal Jacket, immediately prior to blowing away Gunnery Sgt Hartman
                        Yeah, that's probably why the army rejected my application. But c'mon, I'm not that overweight...

Comment

Nah. Just the face.
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I guess I do have a gomer pyle type military haircut in that picture. I've discovered that I've got two types of workable haircuts, crewcut and afro, and my parents insisted that a best man shouldn't have an afro.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                              St. Leo, I swear I had no idea that was you in the avatar. I just thought it was a screencapture of Frodo Baggins in one of the LOTR movies.

Well, I just got a hair cut, but I'll be back to full-frontal-Frodo in about a month.

The other photos in my avatar were also taken by me.
                              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Mostly the look you're giving.
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X