Reagan's Funeral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reagan's Funeral

A final farewell. The country did a good job with this sendoff.

My heart just goes out to Nancy...God bless her and her strength.
    Attached Files
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Nancy

Ron

Ron & Nancy

USA

Farwell ceremonies
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I do not feel sorry that Reagan died - I feel sorry that Nancy has to experience it.
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Very touching. Excellent eulogies by the kids. Very moving.

Ron's was exceptional I thought. Funny, moving, profound, it had it all. If called upon to honor my father in such a way I only hope I could do half as well.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

It was very touching. The roller coaster of emotions. Public versus private. I was glad I could share a small portion of the ceremonies honoring his Life. Earlobes. It brought a small smile to those whom knew him closest. Made me smile that Ronald Regan was that type of a person. "Dutch"

Most of all, his witness he held as such, not to be taken off the shelf at campaign time, but lived daliy, with all its human failures and emotions.

You will be missed President Reagan. See you soon sir!

Brother Gramps
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

to the best ****sucker in Hollywood. I hope she gets through this alright...

edit: Jesus, that word isn't censored?
            Last edited by Drake Tungsten; June 12, 2004, 23:20.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
              to the best ********er in Hollywood. I hope she gets through this alright...

edit: Jesus, that word isn't censored?
              Ya know normally I tend to try not to address idiot posts, but this may be one of the most insensitive posts of all time and I would, if I could, give you a vacation for that remark.

I am deeply offended and hope in your time of pain and sorrow of losing a loved one would not have a compassionate need of comfort visited by the like's of this low life and thoughtless response

Grandpa Troll
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I don't get it myself, considering how he's posted in the other Reagan threads -- Drake, please clean that up.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Historic photo:

U.S. President George W. Bush (front L) and first lady Laura Bush look on as the casket of former U.S. President Ronald Reagan arrives for his state funeral at the National Cathedral, in Washington, June 11, 2004. Alongside the Bush's are Vice President Dick Cheney and his wife Lynn and former U.S. President Bill Clinton and his wife, Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton. Behind them in the second row are, from left, former U.S. Presidents George H. W. Bushand his wife Barbara, Jimmy Carter and his wife Rosalynn and Gerald Ford and his wife Betty. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn
                  Attached Files

Comment

Great, Shrub&co. had to come and f*ck up the poor guy's funeral?

I swear Bush curses everything he touches.

Comment

By &Co. you mean Bush 41, Carter, Ford, and Clinton?

Yes, it is typical for Presidents to gather at such events.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                        By &Co. you mean Bush 41, Carter, Ford, and Clinton?

Yes, it is typical for Presidents to gather at such events.
                        I ment Bush and Cheney. *puke*

Comment

But without cheney, who would operate the bush doll?
                          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
                            Ya know normally I tend to try not to address idiot posts, but this may be one of the most insensitive posts of all time and I would, if I could, give you a vacation for that remark.

I am deeply offended and hope in your time of pain and sorrow of losing a loved one would not have a compassionate need of comfort visited by the like's of this low life and thoughtless response

Grandpa Troll
                            Agreed.
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
                              Great, Shrub&co. had to come and f*ck up the poor guy's funeral?

I swear Bush curses everything he touches.
                              So...you were expecting the sitting President and Vice-President to NOT be at a STATE FUNERAL for a former PRESIDENT???

Yeah....sure...okay.
                              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
                              X