"Guy Movies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys can be geeks as well .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
      Wait... Tuberski claims that QT sucks but then proposes Porky's? Porky's 2?? Undercover Brother???

ACK!
      I don't like QT movies. I never said they weren't guy movies.

The Porky's series definately qualify as guy movies. Undercover Brother you obviously haven't seen or don't understand, it's got some rather brilliant comedy in it.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

bACK! atcha!

(I always wanted to do that. Now I can die a happy man.)

And yes, I did see UB. Just twasn't my thing, I guess.

Comment

Guys can be geeks as well.

I know, but "guy movies" usually appeal to a very large portion of the male audience. Monty Python doesn't, IMO; it's skewed to the narrow geek demographic.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

*shrug*

Most guys I know enjoy Monty Python... even those who were jocks.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

You live in a strange world...
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Yep .

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander
                  Force 10 from Navarone
                  But not The Guns of Navarone?

I'll add:

The Blues Brothers
                  The Great Escape
                  Das Boot

and on a slightly less elevated level:
                  all James Bond movies
                  Independence Day
                  Armageddon
                  Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                    Monty Python is for geeks, not guys.
                    Okay, I have always thought you were nuts, but man you have seriuously crossed the line. No guy would ever say that Monty Python is for geeks. You, Drake, are either a woman or seriously f--k in the head.
                    Golfing since 67

Comment

• You, Drake, are either a woman or seriously f--k in the head.

Both, actually. Becoming the former kind of necessitated the latter...
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                        Dirty Harry
                        The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
                        Caddyshack
                        Major League
                        Caddyshack Particularly the completely gratuitous nudity. And the stupid little dancing gopher.
                        Golfing since 67

Comment

• Put me in for the Usual suspects fan club too.

Big Trouble in Little China
                          Amen!

Originally posted by Locutus
                          Any Quentin Tarantino flick.
                          Try Kiefer Sutherland's
                          Truth or Consequences, N.M.
                          "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
                          George Orwell

Comment

• National lampoon ( not all of them)
                            Summer rental : John Candy
                            Fletch
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Caddyshack, one of the most quotable movies ever...

Oh, this is the worst-looking hat I ever saw. What, when you buy a hat like this I bet you get a free bowl of soup, huh? Oh, it looks good on you though.

Your a lot of woman, you know that? Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Hey, doll. Could you scare up another round for our table over here? And tell the cook this is low grade dogfood. I've had better food at the ballgame, you know? This steak still has marks from where the jockey was hitting it.

This is a hybrid. This is a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on this stuff.

So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Ty Webb: You take drugs, Danny?
                              Danny Noonan: Every day.
                              Ty Webb: Good. Then what's your problem?
                              Danny Noonan: I don't know.

He called me a baboon, he thinks I'm his wife.

Lacey Underall: Who's you decorator? Bennihana?"
                              Ty Webb: No, I brought most of that stuff back with me from Vietnam.
                              Lacey Underall: You were in the war?
                              Ty Webb: [limping and patting his butt] No... Homo.

I'm going to give you a little advice. There's a force in the universe that makes things happen. And all you have to do is get in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball.

Lacey Underall: You're crazy!
                              Ty Webb: That's what they said about Son of Sam.

Comment

• "It's a Cinderella story, this former groundskeeper, coming out of nowhere to take the lead at the Masters..."

edit: Or... "I was born to love you, I was born to lick your face, I was born to rub you, but you were born to rub me first. "
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X