No announcement yet.

where did you go to college?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currently studying Computer Science (MSc) at the University of Twente, Enschede, the Netherlands.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• B.Sc in Forest Products Processing from University of Karlstad, Sweden 1991
      M.Sc in Chemical Engineering from Ã…bo Akademi University, Finland 1995 (same town as Pekka, but another University)
      So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
      Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

• Forest products processing

Damn, that's specializied.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Apocalypse
          Right now BA in Psychology...probably graduate in 2007, whether the first or second semester. Can graduate in Fall of 2006 if I work hard enough...might graduate in the Fall of 2007 if I decide to dual major in History. All at the Virginia Military Institute. Not sure what I'll do after that. Probably Human Resources.
          A Fellow Psych major!!!

I really like the fact that taking psych courses, you inadvertently learn how to modify any personality test toward whatever outcome you desire.

Even those really tricky ones...I think it's the MMPI.
          Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
          Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
          *****Citizen of the Hive****
          "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by Uber KruX
            Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York (outside Albany).

Going into my 3rd year. BS in Computer Science and Psychology (focusing on AI, or as my school calls it "Cognitive Science"), minor in Management and Technology.

I overloaded the hell out of my schedule, and if I chose to I could graduate a full year early. I probably won't though

I'm not sure where I'm going when I get out of college. My two main "dreams" are working for a gaming company (I've already made a few simple games with groups on campus), or doing research on Artificial Intelligence. I'm going to suck up to some professors next semester and try to get some research done while I'm at school.

My school has some system where they pay for your graduate school if you become a teacher's assistant, and do research with a professor on a "professional level", whatever that means. I may take advantage of that. Only time will tell.

I'm minoring in management to appease my mother, who hates that I'm majoring in Psychology. Maybe one day I'll get my MBA or something.
            Chalk it up to another Psych major!

I support the Comrades.
            Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
            Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
            *****Citizen of the Hive****
            "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by Frankychan
              A Fellow Psych major!!!

I really like the fact that taking psych courses, you inadvertently learn how to modify any personality test toward whatever outcome you desire.

Even those really tricky ones...I think it's the MMPI.
              Psych does sound interesting. I've always wanted to minor in it, but we can't do that here. You have a degree course, and I can't do Economics and Psychology anywhere I wanted to go.

After reading Complexity, AI looks really interesting too, but I don't have the computer skills for it. Some of it seemed so simple in theory, how to make a computer learn, but in practice it would take much more than I could do, computerwise.
              Smile
              For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
              But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

• I'm hoping to major in Math and Software Engineering - somewhat related to AI.

Comment

• Originally posted by Azazel
                  Forest products processing

Damn, that's specializied.
                  Makes sense in Sweden. Probably not in Israel.
                  So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                  Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

• Sounds like a right mickey mouse degree to me
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                      Sounds like a right mickey mouse degree to me
                      One chick in my class went on to get a PhD in Biochemistry. Mickey Mouse to you perhaps?

Comment

• Perhaps she was a (paper) cut above the rest of the year
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Or she could not get a job in the industry like the rest of us.

Comment

Working...
                          X