• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ GePap

Originally posted by Tuberski
    Almost disgusting as Balot:

ACK!
    That looks like an egg with an unhatched chick inside. I tried it once. Definitely an acquired taste.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

It's a duckling in there.

I am sure rocky mountain oysters (fried bull testicles) are also an aquired taste.

But tripe and blood sausage are nowhere as radical as rocky mountain oysters and balot.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Ah, thanks for the correction. The one I had is another sort of unhatched eggs.
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
          I don't know why people so willing to eat muscle fibers and drink milk, or eat eggs then get squimish about other high protein liquids (blood), or most organs..I mean, fine, if you try it and don't like it due to taste and consistency, I get-but just saying no cause of what it is?
          As long as it's dead and non-toxic, I'm willing to try it, pretty much.

But black pudding I actually like.

Only evil people dislike black pudding!
          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I am sure rocky mountain oysters (fried bull testicles) are also an aquired taste.

Roasted reindeer testes are apparently a Sámi speciality. I've unfortunately never had the opportonity to try it.

I have eaten fermented herring, the North Swedish dish that doubles as a chemical weapon. Tastes quite good, but don't ever open a can indoors!

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I'm evil? Check
              I dislike black pudding? Check

Your theory seems to hold.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                I don't know why people so willing to eat muscle fibers and drink milk, or eat eggs then get squimish about other high protein liquids (blood), or most organs..I mean, fine, if you try it and don't like it due to taste and consistency, I get-but just saying no cause of what it is?
                I like eating sushi but I quiver at this black pudding krap even though I never tried it.

Humans do not make any sense.
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I like sushi and don;t get the people who won't try it either.

I have not had many insects, though generally from a lack of access. I have had liver and I hate it passionately. Tounge is sort of bland, nothing special. Tripe can be good, though the consistency is weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                    I have eaten fermented herring, the North Swedish dish that doubles as a chemical weapon.
                    That sounds like a good, last resort, weapon.

Comment

Ok so then another english food I have a question about is.....and the name may be mis spelled but what is trecole? Oh and why do you call it pudding? Isn't it more like a sausage?
                      Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                      Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                      Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                      You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

I have had liver and I hate it passionately.

I rather like it. Unfortunately, my siblings are in your camp, so my mother ceased doing it in my early teens. I really should try and make it myself one day.

Comment

/me starts to fortify his Fort Liverhaters

Comment

** MrFun organizes a well-protected convoy of supplies to be sent to Fort Liverhaters
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                              It's really tasty though.
                              i think i had this before, but i'm fairly sure my irish relatives called it "blood puddin". it's alright, but i'd rather have real american bacon with my pancakes and eggs.
                              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                                Try it, you might like it. Its kinda dry and fatty and crumbly all at once.

-Jam
                                I never tried the English version of pudding. We call other things pudding here, sweet and made of milk. Jamski, is this comparable to what we call "Blutwurst" here?

Comment

Working...
                                X