Why Have the GOP and Conservatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apocalypse
    Have you guys actually been reading the articles past the word "abuse"?
    Yes, have you?
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I see the pictures -- and they speak THOUSANDS of words.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
        I see the pictures -- and they speak THOUSANDS of words.

Like those really make you flench much.
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

um . . . . . .

For me, yes -- I was shocked and disgusted with the pictures I have seen.

But then, I might be an unusual person because I still have some sense of decency and so on.

Comment

I've read countless stories and viewed enough photos to realize that, frankly, to compare what happened to those Iraqi prisoners to a college hazing is, to be polite, silly.

Gatekeeper
            "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper
              I've read countless stories and viewed enough photos to realize that, frankly, to compare what happened to those Iraqi prisoners to a college hazing is, to be polite, silly.

Gatekeeper
              Agreed.
              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

**** being polite -- making such a comparison is outrageous.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                  **** being polite -- making such a comparison is outrageous.
                  How'd you get to be so sheltered in life?

Comment

My life is not sheltered.

Comment

So, you agree with Gatekeeper, but disagree with MrFun, even though what they said was identical? Apocalypse, your reading comprehension scores weren't that high, were they?
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I think I'm some terrible person because I'm more angry about this than Gatekeeper??

Comment

No, you're a terrible person because you're fom Iowa.

Comment

And it angers you that I'm carpetbagging my way through rural Illinois -- your home state, doesn't it?

Comment

Technically, they didn't say the exact same thing. Gatekeeper said comparing them was silly and though we know what he meant... his statement could be read the other way (ie, hazing is much worse and cannot be compared with the Iraqi torture) without changing any of the words.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I suppose . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X