Misbehaving Women, Chivalry Justice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misbehaving Women, Chivalry Justice

Once again, women have proven themselves to be fully the equals of men -- even when it comes to abusing Iraqi prisoners.
    The commander of the Abu Ghraib prison, Gen. Janis Karpinski, was female. And remember that photo of the naked man lying on the floor with a leash tethered to his neck? The soldier holding the leash was PFC Lynndie England.

A few years ago Patricia Pearson wrote When She Was Bad, an exposé about women who commit manslaughter, infanticide, and other high crimes. Pearson’s book reveals the unseemly tactics that accused women use to beat the rap. These women deftly shift the blame to the man, play on stereotypes of female nurturance, or resort to controversial defenses such as Battered Woman Syndrome.

Remember Lorena Bobbitt’s defense for the heinous act of castrating her husband? She claimed temporary insanity. Once the feminists convicted John of being a member of the Male Oppressor class, Lorena was allowed to go scot-free.

Three years ago, Andrea Yates drowned her five children in their bathtub. The murder was premeditated, single-handed, and ruthless. Yet husband Russell was the epitome of forgiveness and support for his embattled wife.

But incredibly, some people blamed Russell for the gruesome crime. One woman wrote in the Houston Chronicle, “If the state of Texas allows Russell Yates to go unpunished for his part in the drowning deaths of his children, it will be a shame”.

Link

So what do you figure should men and women be treated equals in crime and punishment?
    Yes
    87.50%
    No
    12.50%
    “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
    Or do we?

Yep. But your article is FoS. Bobbit was raped and Yates was psychotic.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Carr will be shot in days
      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

chegitz guevara The article claimed no different, what the article is about you missed obviously. The article talks abut the crimes, defenses and punishments... So I am at a loss to figure out what your going on about? If you took the time to click on the links you would have seen they go right to the news articles themselves. When there check the details I am sure you will find them very accurate. Bobbit "claimed" to be raped BTW so are you FoS? As far as Yates go more blame keeps being put on Robert not her. So again I think you have missed the point entirely.

So the topic was should women and men be treated as equals in crime and punishment.
        “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
        Or do we?

Comment

An exception should be made for Canadian misogynists, who should be forced to attend Sisters of Athena (or whatever it is) gatherings for a year. Failure to do so will result result in a forced transgendering.
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

The Bun

Blackice is not a mysogynist. Neither he is a sexist. He does have an axe to grind, but that's different.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Azazel no axe just awareness, people like Theben do not have a clue, voice opinions on baseless assumptions to make themselves macho. Thanks for your comments Azazel it is too obvious people who do know me and read what I post know exactly where I stand.

We can only conlude they vote "no" woman should get less of a sentence for the same crime as men because they are misandrists. What other reason could there be? Men deserve harsher sentences because they are men. This is equality?

It also shows ingnorance to the highest degree to post the comments they do. If they would read and become informed they would not appear to be as ignorant as they do, that being to pro woman groups as well as pro men groups. No group goes for illinformed trash talk such as those two used displayed.

I belong to many groups including femenist's one's, we all have the same thing in common. Bringing awareness to injustice and group bulying of another by either misandrists or misogynists neither of which deserves the time of day.

No if you want to label me call me a pro dad activist. Cuz that is exactly where 99% of my effort goes.

How anyone can read that article and them "claim" the poster is a misogynists is beyond comprehension. Well it does show their ignorance but other than that?
              Last edited by blackice; May 17, 2004, 12:55.
              Or do we?

Comment

What does the article you linked have anything to do with the poll?
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by blackice
                  So I am at a loss to figure out what your going on about?

Conviction and sentencing takes mitigating factors into account. If the jury (and the rest of American for that matter) believed the Loreana Bobbit had been raped and went temporarily insane, then she doesn't deserve prison time.

If you took the time to click on the links you would have seen they go right to the news articles themselves.

I did. The article seems to be long on assertion and short on details.

As far as Yates go more blame keeps being put on Robert not her.

What universe are you in? The one I'm in people were howling for her execution. I know of exactly one person saying her husband was guilty as well, Slowwhand, who seemed to believe that because he didn't want his wife punished because she was psychotic, he must have been in on the murders.

It's true, however, that the husband does bear some of the blame. Yates suffered severe and worsening PPD everytime she had a baby. Yet he continued (with her) to make children, knowing that each pregnancy made her crazier, more depressed, and more psychotic. Had she killed herself in sterad, I would argue he should be tried for 2nd degree murder, because he was engaging in behavior he knew was likely to result in someone's death, Andrea Yates.

The statistics I've seen show that when women murder their husbands, they typically do so for self defense. While it's true women are just as likely to engage in physical abuse, they are far less likely to kill their mates then men are. The number one cause of death among pregnant women is murder.

Until very recently, self-defense wasn't likely to win a woman much sympathy. The women's prisons are filled with women who had abusive husbands but were convicted because the jury and prosecution wondered why they simply couldn't leave.

So I doubt, very highly, that any sentencing disparity is due to misplaced chivalry.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Urban Ranger ah need more information ok right here:

END THE BIAS

The increased likelihood of doing time isn't all men have to worry about. On average, men receive prison sentences that are 40 percent longer than those of women convicted of the SAME crime, according to the U.S. Department of Justice. One might argue that men's longer prison terms are the result of the severity of their crimes and their longer criminal records.

But studies that control for these factors prove otherwise. "Women and men with comparable backgrounds do not receive comparable sentence lengths for felony crimes," write researchers Mathew Zingraff and Randall Thomson in "THE INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIOLOGY OF LAW." "Women are given shorter sentence lengths." Overall, Zingraff and Thomson found that gender contributed more to the determination of sentence length than any other variable they investigated. These findings were confirmed in a recent Los Angeles Times article quoting Department of Justice sources which reported that women convicted of killing their husbands receive an average sentence of only six years, while male spousal killers got 17 years.

chegitz guevara while your assumptions are entertaining you are not quite right on your facts.
                    Or do we?

Comment

That says nothing about mitigating circumstances in spousal murders.

Comment

I could care less what Blackice says, as it is obvious what he thinks. The article posted has nothing to do with fatherhood, and everything to do with an attack on women in general. I've also read plenty of other crap he's posted here before; this does nothing to change my opinion of his worthless notions. Shame on you, Az, for supporting him.

btw, I voted 'yes' on the poll. Hope that helps your agenda. Not really.
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

As far as killing yates no she needs help that is proven, as far as he goes i find it interesting to read his story not the defense media spread sheets.
                          Or do we?

Comment

Theben attack on women in general? You are a true misandrists yet you vote yes. You need help.
                            Or do we?

Comment

I still remember a time not to long ago (1988) where the Chicago PD would arrest a battered women for attacking her man's fists with her face.

Comment

Working...
                              X