WWII shooters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Cuz I suck poorly? Real humans kick my ass.
    most ppl get better when theyre facing challenges. people who cant adjust their scrubby way of thinking ever though, will never get good.

dont avoid em, confront em
    :-p

Comment

Actually, I was pretty good until I went up against those damned Kangaroos. In our little group I was king, until bozo figured out how to be a Kangaroo. Then I had to become a sniper. I like being a sniper.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

competition evolves. you have to deal wit it, or be a scrub.

Also, when i myself think im actually good is when i believe im the scrubbiest. I probably exhausted all the comp i could from that area. But this world is a large place. So theres prolly someone that can scrub me with his toes manuvering the mouse... so yea humility pays when it comes to that. you gotta get ur game developing or ur gonna eventually hit that scrub point.

The funny thing about compettion is that the more you get ur ass handed down, more you get the priviledge to hand one too. If you avoid comp, u'll never get ur chance.

but as you get addicted to comp, ass handing get s boooring. You start to seek people who can hand ur ass down instead. You get addicted to that challenge and the rush of tying to beat agst it.

Thats how all sports goes.
        Last edited by Zero; May 7, 2004, 15:40.

Comment

No +1s for you olks. If this moves to the Other Games Forum it will drop like a rock and be forgotten.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

It took me at least 20 games before I scored my first frag in Counter-strike. Same for the first win in Starcraft. But with training will get you out of the misery, trust me.

Too bad I don't have much time for multiplayer any longer, because that rocks!!! And now I have 2M ADSL compared to 64k ISDN last time I played something in MP. Bye-bye lag!
            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

I was always good at starcraft

and when all the gosus from korea began to play and got good i saw the threat and just honorably "retired" from it. So I can say im some big jackass of L337 SC players without having to prove it.

LOL im so gheyor!!1!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: WWII shooters

Originally posted by Zero

fighting like a man involves using inferiro tactics and getting urself killed?

and if this was in real life u'd much prefer fighting like a man too and getting ur head blown off when u could be using "cheap" tactics... right~
                In real life if I was getting shot at I wouldn't have a 40 inch vertical that I could sustain infinitley all the while having pinpoint accuracy with a gun.

It's cheezy as hell.
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Zero
                  I was always good at starcraft

and when all the gosus from korea began to play and got good i saw the threat and just honorably "retired" from it. So I can say im some big jackass of L337 SC players without having to prove it.

LOL im so gheyor!!1!
                  If UR so kowl and want some distance to the Koreans, why don't you write in funking English?
                  So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                  Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Ok
                    wich WW2 shooter is the best?

How is the mod and ability to edit?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie

If UR so kowl and want some distance to the Koreans, why don't you write in funking English?
                      but i do that all the time. you really miss me doing that, that much?

i didnt know i had a fan for my spamming personality... yay

and you got it wrong. I dont wanna distance myself from koreans. i wanna actually be as good as them but i dont think i can. so avoid challenge. Yes im being a scrub, that was what i was trying to get at
                      Last edited by Zero; May 7, 2004, 19:51.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WWII shooters

Originally posted by Ted Striker

In real life if I was getting shot at I wouldn't have a 40 inch vertical that I could sustain infinitley all the while having pinpoint accuracy with a gun.

It's cheezy as hell.
                        if it was real life you wouldnt go "****, i got shot in the head, oh well ill get him next round".

its a game. game involves strategies. argument for why certain strategy is tupid just because its unreal is gay.

like, if u couldnt be imaginative and couldnt think outside of the box to come up wit good start, its ur fault.

Comment

Yes it is a game.

But any great game involves immersion. If it didn't resemble reality it wouldn't be so fun to play.

Part of you DOES think it's real.

When you jump around like a kangaroo it takes you away from that immersion and makes it something else.

Jumping like a kangaroo is about as lame as wall hacking.
                          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Not to mention the anti-gravity boots in Unreal Tournament

Comment

how is jumping like a kangaroo have in anyway similarity as wall hacking.

Wall hacking is a hack, a cheat. It breaks the game by giving advantage.

Kangaroo jumping is an "exploit" or a better word for it would be skill and ingenuity. If it is overpowered, it also breaks the game, but everyone can do it. And it also adds to the strategy. You have to deal with this defensive measure.

But any great game involves immersion. If it didn't resemble reality it wouldn't be so fun to play.

no. Good game design involves potential for good strategy. (or potential for good story plot and imagination for those SP gamers) Are you saying cards and chess is a bad game because it is not realistic? i dont think about some realistic story plot behind chess or poker. I care about strategic decisions made, probable outcome, bluffs and intimidation my opponent puts. What game looks and feels is nothing because those stuff are only there to connect me with the opponent in some bizzare rule we fight in.

The problem with yall is that u guys play MP games at a scrub level. Im sorry if that sounds insulting, but u do not have clear understanding of competitive and strategic game if u think this way. You tend to think and see things in terms of how it affects ur imaginative world u create while playing the game. And if jumping 40 feet doesnt coincide with ur fantasy u do not like it. This depends on personal preference wince some rpg players may like fireball and spells but u might be in favor of machine guns.

I view things in terms of what these features mean in terms of gameplay wise. What does this feature do for my attack and defense strategy. how does that affect my opponents reaction. It doesnt matter if the animation is guy jumping 40 feet or if he isnt jumping but game play wise he avoids all low shots. in whats important is how opponent and player interacts becasue of the ability one or the other has that ultimately matters.

so if they take out bunny hop, but they put another realistic feature that is exact same property of bunny hop (say he doesnt look like jumping, but when hes holding out a shield lets say and during that time his hitbox changes into something similar to as he was jumping 40 ft into the air) then it makes zero differnece to me. But it seems like thats what u are concerned about only.
                              Last edited by Zero; May 7, 2004, 20:10.

Comment

i keep editting but i cant quite explain it well so i give up.

Comment

Working...
                                X