Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heterosexuality and the heterosexual lifestyle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrFun
    And as I have said before -- humans have evolved beyond the animalistic level, in that their intimate relationships no longer revolve exclusively around reproduction.
    Humans are animals, so evolving beyong the "animalistic" level is impossible. And some animals do form intimate relationships that are long-lasting and do not revolve around reproduction. People who own multiple cats/dogs can testify to that. In the wild, certains species do establish such relationships, although it isn't the norm. Bonobos are, of course, an example, as are other primates. Vultures do it as well.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Thanks for pointing out the exceptions to the rule Boris for both cases -- people being happy without romantic relationships, and with the example of some animal species forming romantic relationships.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Considering that children are incapable of romantic, intimate relationships before their teenage years in the first place, I would have to say, no that does not make you a failure because you did not have a monogamous, committed, romantic relationship by the time you were eight years old, ok???
        As Boris pointed out there are plenty of sane happy single people, who by the time they die, will have achieved much more in their lives than many people who are in relationships or married. It may not actually be better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all. But on the other hand it would still be nice to have the right to try without being discriminated against for doing so....

By the way, some animals do form the equivalent of romantic attachments- some will mate for life, and some pets will pine and die on the death of their owner or even a fellow animal.

I still don't know what this gay lifestyle is that Ben Kenobi keeps rattling on about. I don't seem to be having the same 'gay' lifestyle as several of my friends, or even for all I know, you, or Boris or Starchild or Asher.

Perhaps we can put it down to Ben's feeling so close to his god that some of his god's supposed omniscience is rubbing off on him.
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• molly, I already agreed with Boris.

Comment

molly, I already agreed with Boris.
            Yeah?

Isn't this ' "Stamp MrFun Into the Ground Until He's Lower than the Belly of a Worm", Day?'

Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Originally posted by molly bloom

Yeah?

Isn't this ' "Stamp MrFun Into the Ground Until He's Lower than the Belly of a Worm", Day?'

No -- that's on July 12.

Comment

Because unlike animals, healthy human relationships do not revolve exclusively around sex and reproduction.

Speciesist! There is plenty of platonic camaraderie among non-humans.

Edit: Darn, late again. Shut up
                Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Last Conformist
                  Probably true.

Probably false.
                  Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                  X