Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who's the greatest athlete of all time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Gretzky
    2. Thorpe
    3. Anyone else who never played for Spurs.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

1. Danny Blanchflower
      2. Glenn Hoddle
      3. Certainly not a Canadian.
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

To clarify: 3 would include my grandmother, on either side.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

damn x-posts.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)

Comment

Best. X-post. Ever.
            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
              1. The tiny japanese guy who can eat more than 50 hot dogs (+ buns) in 12 minutes. (link)
              2. Ted Striker (link)
              3. Robocop (link)

I like the huge brother standing next to the Japanese kid. He looks like he is about to puke and wants him momma.

Meanwhile the Japanese kid is in full control and full of confidence, sporting a samurai headband.

SAMURAI HOT DOG EATING!!!

HAI!!!
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Ahh, go eat a dog. It'll be the closest Spurs get to anything hot for a little bit.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni

Almost, Michael Schumacher is the six-time world champion of Formula One.

While I do recognize the fact that F1 requires a great amount of focus, endurance and stamina, it is similar to your jockey argument. A lot does depend on your horse power.

But Schumacher is one of the all-time greats in his sport, definitely.
                  He's definitely a great athlete. They have a competition for television here in the U.S. called "The Superstars", where athletes from many different sports compete in a bunch of different events. He narrowly lost to Olympic Skier and American football player Jeremy Bloom, and they both beat a number of other professional athletes. Shumacher is the real deal.
                  He's got the Midas touch.
                  But he touched it too much!
                  Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

That would make decatheon'ers the greatest athletes.
                    He won both the decathalon and the pentathalon in the same olympics. He also played two sports professionally.

Comment

Well I guess I have to mention Mark Spitz in 1972 in Munich. Seven gold medals. Seven olympic records. Seven world records.

Comment

Michael Jordan (self explanatory)
                        Joe Montana (3 Superbowl MVPs and 4 Superbowl wins has to count for something)
                        Lance Armstrong
                        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

That's not to say Wilt Chamberlin is better than Michael Jordon . that's far from the truth.

Why? Defense non-existant? Tell that to Bill Russell. For my money, I'd put Wilt the Stilt over Jordan.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Bob Beamon's extraordinary jump in Mexico City ranks as the single most outstanding event in my time.

Muhammad Ali and Pele are the two brightest stars who have shone.

But I agree that track and field is the place to look for the all time best athlete and I would also go for a pentathlete.

So I will nominate Daley Thompson for his Olypic wins in 1980 and 1984.

A hell of an all round athlete and a really nice guy.

Comment

Um... so far as I know, the fastest human being is a priest/rabbi/iman going home from a brothel.
                              Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                              "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Originally posted by bipolarbear
                                I think that all of you selfish ba****ds are forgetting who the real hero is....

Christopher Reeve!

Really though I think that you have to rule out any nascar driver, especially that stupid arsed earnhardt moron.

To judge best athlete, I think it has to be someone who puts up with considerable pain, or at least has to use most of their muscles. But body Builders don't count, b/c the governator can't be considered for this list.
                                Maybe a gladiator, or an AMerican Galdiator,

I guess I'll nominate Arnold Palmer. He was the greatest. And yes I am serious about htta one.
                                I suspect you are trolling, but celebrities don't deserve any hero status (same with Pat Tillman), there are millions of other people doing the same thing as the guy in the picture.

Comment

Working...
                                X