No announcement yet.

They said "Never Again!" . . . but they lied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I seem to remember hearing lately that Albright got wind of this before it blew up and made frantic calls to none other than Clark who promptly told her to kiss off.
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Originally posted by DinoDoc
      The events talked about in this thread should tell you otherwise.

So United States and other countries should base their foreign policies on statements posted on Apolyton?
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun

So United States and other countries should base their foreign policies on statements posted on Apolyton?
        What makes you think they don't ?
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• That would undeniably explain alot ...
          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            So Germany, early in WWII, simultaneously fought a civil war against their Jewish population.

The Germans never declared a war against a Jewish state. A better comparision is the Japanese atrocities in WW2. It was genocidal (against the Chinese), but also part of the war.
            No it isn't. Yes, the Hutu controlled dictatorship had been fighting a twenty year war with a Tutsi rebell group based in Uganda. What happened in Ruwanda was not a part of the war. During the peace negotiations, the plane carrying the presidents of Burundi and Ruwanda crashed, and the government in Ruwanda went berserk and systematically slaughtered 800,000 Ruwandan Tutsis. This was not something being done in occupied territory or as part of a war. It was a deliberately planned and orchestrated slaughter akin the Armenian genocide and the Holocaust.

It may be happening again, this time in Sudan. It looks pretty bad, but we need more information. If it is genocide, we need to intervene.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky

What makes you think they don't ?
              um . . . . . .
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
              X