This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easily, with Iggy and Kiprusoff.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I need a playoff bandwagon to jump on since my team ain't playing yet again....

Grew up around Leaf fans. I can't share that insane fantasy.

Despise Montreal with a passion.

Vancouver is on the wacky coast. Can't go there.

Since I have nothing against Calgary (and they aren't the Oilers)......
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
        Since I have nothing against Calgary (and they aren't the Oilers)......

ANYWAY, why not cheer for Ottawa???
        "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
        "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
        "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

lol, sorry forgot about Ottawa.

Although I live within a couple hours of Ottawa you can't force me at gunpoint to cheer for anything out of that city. Just look at their terribly insecure 'jersey' rule for Leaf fans for a good reason to laugh at the Senators.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
            Easily, with Iggy and Kiprusoff.

They aren't much better than the Sabres.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Let's stop talking about the joke teams and consider serious candidates for the cup.

That means Vancouver, Detroit, and perhaps Colorado and Dallas, and New Jersey, Philly, Toronto and Ottawa. The others might produce this years Ducks or Hurricanes, but they won't win.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Tampa have been good this year, but their division is a joke. Philly and Jersey are the only two decent teams in their division. The Northeast is the most difficult division in hockey. Boston, Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal are all excellent teams and only Buffalo won't make it from that division.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

They aren't much better than the Sabres.
                  They're the best in the league, so they are better than Toronto's, for instance.

The team themselves has been on a roll, too.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Come on, get real. We are talking about the playoffs. It's a different game - the difference is almost as great as that between amateur and professional boxing.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Flames will acquit themselves well. They are a strong, disciplined defensive team and Iginla is one of the best players in the league. But would you pick them over Detroit?

Sutter has proved that you can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. He's a good coach and give it a few years and he might produce a legitimate contender.

When it comes to the playoffs would you pick Kiprusoff over Belfour, or Brodeur? Or even Theodore?

And how can you compare the Flames defensive unit to that of, say, the Leafs which includes Leetch, McCabe, Kaberle, Johansson, Klee and Marchment?

Where are the players with the playoff experience of Roberts, Sundin, Mogilny, Nieuwendyk, and Francis? All these guys, with the exception of Sundin have won a Cup, some of them more than one.

The Leafs have a pretty good lineup, but look at what Detroit has - they're insanely good. They're my pick for the cup.
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

You place WAY too much emphasis on playoff experience. All that means is they're old.

Kiprusoff AND Iginla are notoriously cool-headed players that don't **** up under pressure. Kiprusoff especially.

Kiprusoff played in the playoffs for the Sharks last year, and did well. He did much better in the playoffs than in the regular season. He's even better this year -- way better.

The first time Iginla was in the playoffs was his first 2 NHL games, at age 18 -- the last time the Flames were in the playoffs. He scored two goals and got one assist in two games, which -- again -- was back when he was 18 and playing his first NHL games. He, again, is doing much better this year.

I think you're dangerously underestimating the cohesiveness and general talent of the Flames team, especially when under pressure like in the playoffs. They seem to thrive under pressure.

Comment

And yes, I would absolutely choose Kiprusoff over Belfour, Brodeur, and Theodore. Anyone who has a clue how calm and brutally consistent Kiprusoff is would do that, I'd imagine.

Even Turek is playing amazing this year, the last two games he played have both been shutouts.

Comment

blues are in.

25 years...

of mediocre playoff appearances

Comment

Yeah lots of new finnish goalies out there.. about 3 or 4 years ago.. none.. now Kiprusoff, Nurminen, Lehtonen (watch this kid closely, he'll be the #1 goalie in the next few years), Markkanen etc. Nice.

ANyways, the Eastern Conference looks a lot tougher IMO.

I say Islanders will be the upset of this year and advance far.
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                              Kiprusoff played in the playoffs for the Sharks last year, and did well.
                              I don't even remember the Sharks being in the playoffs last years.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                                I don't even remember the Sharks being in the playoffs last years.
                                Sorry, he was in the Playoffs in 2000-2001 and 2001-2002, but not 2002-2003.

Comment

Working...
                                X