No announcement yet.

Desktops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we have entirely too many desktop threads.

but seeing as I changed computers I have a new desktop. I haven't spent a whole lot of time searching for a cool desktop yet, so I just chose the first cool nasa pic I could find.

hmmm, well I was going to put my desktop, but my adobe photodeluxe doesn't seem to work properly with Windows XP

Anyone know a good photo program that is free? That can converte bmp's to jpg's and resize and such.

Comment

Microsoft Paint
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

D.C. sucks. MARVEL!
        "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
        Drake Tungsten
        "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
        Albert Speer

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
          Microsoft Paint
          that doesn't convert it into a jpg which I can attack to posts. If I attach a bmp to a post, it just links it to be downloaded, it doesn't display it.

I downloaded some plug-ins but my program doesn't seem to work with Windows XP.

Comment

There is apparently an option there somewhere to convert it to jpg.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I have this background for 4 years now, and I don't intended to change it anytime soon.

Defender of the status quo!

Btw, how do you 'resize' a desktop with paint?
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Very Nice, Spiffor
                Brought to you by Firelad, AKA King of the Fairies

Comment

vd-03.06.04-?.png are today's shots, of course. They're enumerated by virtual desktop number. The reason why I give the number of shots to take as a parameter to that shot-taking script is that FVWM usually has 2^32 virtual desktops and I can't be bothered to find a real way to take shots of only the desktops that have stuff on them.

Here's an interesting quantifier of the minimalism of my desktop: optipng losslessly reduced every one of today's shots to eight-bit colours, two of them to grayscale. I do run XFree in 24-bit mode for when I need more colours, though..
                  This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

my windows desktop hasn't changed, nor has my linux/fluxbox.

here's my linux/kde.
                    Attached Files
                    B♭3

Comment

holy crap, i didn't realize i just posted a huge file. arg.

sorry guys.
                      B♭3

Comment

Yay for the GIMP!
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

grossly resized for your viewing pleasure.

Comment

Oooohh... pretty.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Just changed it. Wow, I can't believe how much better WinXP runs with 64x64 icons instead of 128x128 ones. Still, they seem so tiny.
                              Attached Files
                              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

I've killed the thread.
                                Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X