This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! I agree completely with Ming!!!
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

• Quick! Ming, ban him! Enjoy it while it last! Never will you find someone who completely agrees woth you as you ban him!
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by CharlesBHoff

Honour killing isnot support in Islam as Islam consider it murber. Honour killing is than old tribal custom.
        Never said it was.

In Jordan until recently, a quarter of all homicides were reportedly 'honour' killings.

A section of Jordan's penal code stated:

'he who discovers his wife or female relative committing adultery and kills, wounds, or injures one or both of them is exempted from any penalty.'

See: 'The Price of Honour', Time, 18th January, 1999 and

'Women Fight Jordan's Licence to Kill', The Age, 8th September 1999, Karen Thomas.

Jordan contains Christians as well as Muslims, and some Yezidis too, if memory serves.
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Originally posted by molly bloom

Never said it was.

In Jordan until recently, a quarter of all homicides were reportedly 'honour' killings.

A section of Jordan's penal code stated:

'he who discovers his wife or female relative committing adultery and kills, wounds, or injures one or both of them is exempted from any penalty.'

See: 'The Price of Honour', Time, 18th January, 1999 and

'Women Fight Jordan's Licence to Kill', The Age, 8th September 1999, Karen Thomas.

Jordan contains Christians as well as Muslims, and some Yezidis too, if memory serves.
          Then Jordan's penal code isnot following the Koran. Pakistian Government is trying to crack down on honour killing is haveing touble as the Koran say it than relative of than victum take blood money the case is dismiss. There are human right orginal that think Islam is behind honour killing. The left wing newpapers in Pakistian are happy that the right wing president is trying to stop honour killing and puminent the people who do honour killing. The free electic government before him did nothing.
          By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

• Originally posted by CharlesBHoff

Then Jordan's penal code isnot following the Koran. Pakistian Government is trying to crack down on honour killing is haveing touble as the Koran say it than relative of than victum take blood money the case is dismiss. There are human right orginal that think Islam is behind honour killing. The left wing newpapers in Pakistian are happy that the right wing president is trying to stop honour killing and puminent the people who do honour killing. The free electic government before him did nothing.
            Reminds me of the Burkha in Afghanistan, which AFAIK is also just a tribal Tradition (made law by the taliban)
            as the islamic rules AFAIK don´t demand from women to be veiled such completely as through a Burkha
            Last edited by Proteus_MST; March 7, 2004, 04:54.
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• 500!
              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• 500 it is... and no need for a continuation thread... because there are already other threads on this subject.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                X